Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I Being Petty Here ?
I took a young nephew to Old Trafford yesterday for the 'Grounds & Museum Tour'.
He knew very little about the history of the club, so I thought it was time he learned a thing or two. We are far more than repetitive Cup Winners.
The Tour was very well thought out and the Tour Guide was excellent, as usual. Young nephew couldn't believe the Trophy Rooms, I think he expected a cabinet (LOL) and he was really taken when confronted with the full story of 6th. Feb. 1958. Sadly he'd known nothing about it whatsoever.

Well, he really enjoyed the overall experience and I'm sure he came away with a different point of view. He now knows a club gains respect through its history rather than its present league position and that winning football matches only add to that respect if continued over many, many decades.

Anyway, to the point of my post.
After the Tour he wanted to visit The Red Cafe .... "I'm starvin' "
Now as you know the cafe is situated inside Old Trafford itself.
Sitting down to order, my nephew went for the 'Kids' menu which advertises dishes named after our players, Giggs, Neville, Rio, Rooney etc..

Am I being petty here ?
They were still selling 2 dishes named after players no longer with us.
Ronaldo ? Yes - maybe I can understand that one, but WTF :~ Tevez, No F***IN' WAY.
I wanted to take it up with someone but the waitresses were rushed off their feet.
(They had been quite and had let two waitresses go home. Sods Law, they then got busy).

I have taken our kids on that tour on several occasions and have always enjoyed it.
This time however, a little thing like the 'Kids Menu' spoilt it for me. I was pissed for the rest of the afternoon.

Pretty childish of me, or what ?
damn right you are, id say if tevez knew his name was still being used on the menu he probably look for money
(07-12-2009, 02:44 PM)andyc09lad Wrote: damn right you are, id say if tevez knew his name was still being used on the menu he probably look for money

I don't think he would get much.
No true United fan would buy anything with his name on it now.
what was it called

tevez turncoat and chips
(07-12-2009, 03:35 PM)andyc09lad Wrote: what was it called tevez turncoat and chips

LOL
You've got that right to the 'T'
Why not write to the club and see what they have to say about that? I think the majority of United fans would be shocked and unhappy to learn that. I get CR7 meals as he never sold out.