Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BEBE
do you think we should have payed 7 million for bebe? i mean tottenham got van der vaart for the same money! i know we should give him time to develop but 7 million!
We will have to give him time to mature.
After all, who (here and now) would offer us the opportunity to recoup our money ?

BeBe has shown little to cement the figure paid for him to any 1st. Team performances we have seen so far.
He has shown us that he has pace, power and glimpses of raw talent, but that's about all. However, his appearances in the reserves (where he has scored goals), show him in a more promising light.

Still, considering his background :~
  • Abandoned by his parents, as a child :
  • Brought up in a homeless shelter from the age of 12 :
  • Has only 3 months previous 'professional' experience :
  • Transformed from obscurity to the £7.5million man in just 12 short weeks :
It comes as no surprise to find that his progress should be overly scrutinised, hampered and far from straight forward for the lad.

He is more than likely still in awe of the company he now keeps and of the surroundings in which he finds himself.
It must be quite a culture shock (for someone who's formative years were first shaped by his Grandmother and then eventually by the Church), and maybe it's one he finds difficult to adjusted to.

With only the raw tools of the trade he was born with, BeBe will need to relearn the game of football all over again, but this time it will be the Ferguson way.
He will have had a fitness regime imposed on him that will build stamina, speed, physical presence and confidence while learning at the same time how to effectively become a team player.
This will take time and we may not see the end product for many a month to come. I'm sure though that if BeBe has what it takes then the staff at Old Trafford will do whatever is necessary to bring it out in him.

Gabriel Obertan on the other hand, already had a solid footballing background when he arrived at OT. Yet 18 months later he doesn't appear to be any further forward in his progress to become a 1st. team regular.
Come the end of the season and he will probably be on his way to pastures new, but at least he was given the time to prove himself. He just never made the best of his opportunity while he had the chance.

Is Tiago Manuel Dias Correia worth the £7.5million that United paid for him .... who knows ? Somebody obviously thought so.
Let's just hope that BeBe doesn't let himself or Manchester United down and that he eventually produces the talents that others first saw in him.
very true... i actually think obertan is a bit like nani. we do see glimpses of something great he just needs to be consistent like nani wasn't before this season. personally i think we need gareth bale or ashley young someone who is proved to play well on the left wing in the premier league.
Well, because of our rapidly expanding injury list it looks as if both BeBe and Obertan will have another chance tomorrow to make amends for past failings.
What a time to start losing players ...... just as the Champions League kicks off again.