Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berba Talk
Agent - Berbatov staying put
Bulgarian's representative denies recent speculation

Dimitar Berbatov's agent insists that the Bulgarian star is happy at Manchester United.

Reports are rife that Sir Alex Ferguson is looking to sell the striker, who he paid over £30million for less than two years ago.

Bayern Munich and more recently AC Milan have been linked with bids.

But Berbatov's agent Emil Dantchev insists that he has not even talked with Ferguson about his client's future.

"The situation is clear, the future of Dimitar will still be at Manchester, he is happy there," he told Calciomercato.

"A difficult relationship with Ferguson? I cannot and don't want to comment on these speculations from the press.

"I can only say that I have not scheduled any meeting with Ferguson, because there is no need."

He denied the speculation about Milan, adding: "I have read the article on Milan, I can just say that it is a market rumour and it is not real."

Over the weekend Berbatov himself insisted he wanted to stay at Old Trafford and fight for his place.

source: skysports.com
Agent talk, again. I'm afraid that SAF has been building his team around Wazza and it doesn't work around Berba. He can't step into those big boots, so I can see him being offloaded in the summer. Shame, as he does have a great touch, but is not in the United mould.
Milan cool Berbatov talk
Galliani plays down suggestions of a swap involving Huntelaar

Adriano Galliani has refused to expand on rumours linking Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov with a move to AC Milan as part of a swap deal involving Klaas-Jan Huntelaar.

Bulgaria international Berbatov has been linked with a summer switch to Milan after a fitful two seasons at Old Trafford following a £30million transfer from Tottenham.

Reports have suggested Sir Alex Ferguson is ready to cut his losses on Berbatov at the end of the season, with Milan rumoured to be preparing a bid.

Though Berbatov's agent has played down speculation of a deal, there have been suggestions that Milan could include Dutch frontman Huntelaar in the package.

Huntelaar has struggled for regular football since leaving Ajax for Real Madrid, and then Milan, and has often been linked with a move to United.

However, while Rossoneri vice-president Galliani admitted the Premier League could be an option for Huntelaar in the future, he played down any imminent swoop for Berbatov.

Nothing to add

"When Klaas was at Real Madrid, he had the chance to go to England, Germany or Italy, and he chose Milan," Galliani told the Italian media. "But England could be a future solution.

"I have read about our interest in Berbatov and I have nothing to add."

Meanwhile, United winger Nani has outlined his intention to ease some of the goalscoring burden on Wayne Rooney during the final weeks of the Premier League title race.

Nani said: "I want to score more goals. We need more players to score because, if you've got just one player scoring, then that is bad for the team.

"I'm playing well on the training ground and that's why I play every week in the games."

source: skysports.com