Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CONFIRMED: Januzaj Leaves United
[Image: Manchester-United-Training-and-Press-Conference.jpg]

Quote:Adnan Januzaj has completed a transfer from Manchester United to Real Sociedad.

The Academy graduate and Belgium international has signed with the side who finished sixth in La Liga last season, bringing an end to a Reds career that consisted of 66 senior appearances and five goals.

Januzaj made his United debut in the FA Community Shield win over Wigan Athletic in August 2013 and established himself as an excellent prospect that season, famously scoring a brace at Sunderland under the management of David Moyes – who is coincidentally a former boss of Real Sociedad.

Opportunities proved hard to come by during Louis van Gaal’s first season at Old Trafford and that led to a loan spell at Borussia Dortmund in 2015/16, the Dutchman’s second campaign with United.

Jose Mourinho allowed Adnan to spend last season on loan at Sunderland and now the 22-year-old forward has taken the tough decision to leave United and make the move San Sebastian.

Using his personal Twitter account on Wednesday, Januzaj posted this statement: "Where to start... I've had some incredible moments with Manchester United since I joined. I want to say a massive thank you to all my team-mates that have come and gone from the club. It's been a pleasure to play with you all.

"Thank you to some of the coaches and staff that work at Manchester United to make it such a great club! Unfortunately, my time at the club has come to an end and it didn't go the way I wanted it to go but I will aways have love for Manchester United. And finally, a huge thank you to the fans that have stuck by me through the good and bad times! I will never forget that positive support. Thank you #GGMU."

Everybody at Manchester United wishes Adnan well for the next chapter of his career.

Source: manutd.com

Shame. Another Macheda. Didn't live up to his potential and probably won't be missed. Good luck to him, though
[Image: DEjypjNXoAAcfVk.jpg]