Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CONFIRMED: Lindegaard Leaves United
[Image: anders-lindegaard-manchester-united_3002...0912160846]

Quote:Anders Lindegaard has left Manchester United by moving to West Bromwich Albion on a free transfer.

The Danish goalkeeper made 29 first-team appearances for the Reds after being signed by Sir Alex Ferguson during the transfer window of January 2011.

Lindegaard, who has signed a two-year contract at Albion, told their official club website: "Since moving to England I've been impressed with how well West Brom have done in the Premier League.

"I had a good chat with Tony Pulis - I must call him the 'gaffer' now - and he convinced me it would be a good move for me and the club. From there things moved very quickly. I was very keen to get it done so I can just concentrate on the thing that matters most, the football. I am very happy to join West Brom and hope I can make a big contribution this season."

West Brom's goalkeeping coach Jonathan Gould said: "We are bringing an experienced goalkeeper into the mix. Anders has an international pedigree, he's a big guy and been part of a very good team at Manchester United. I'm sure he will fit in very well."

Source: manutd.com

I am sure we all wish Anders well as he links up with his former Reds team-mates Darren Fletcher and Jonny Evans at his new club.