Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CONFIRMED: Luke Shaw a United Player
So, United secure their second big signing of the pre-season, with the acquisition of England international, Luke Shaw:

[Image: 1566FFE474394426A29ED9FE40F4F631.ashx?w=...3108,1883i]

Quote:Manchester United is delighted to announce the signing of Luke Shaw from Southampton Football Club. He joins on a four-year contract with an option to extend for a further year.
Shaw, 18, recently gained his third cap for England and was the youngest player to feature in this year’s World Cup campaign. The left-back has made 67 appearances for Southampton since making his debut in 2012.

Luke Shaw said: "I am thrilled and excited to be joining Manchester United. I have been at Southampton since I was eight years old and I would like to thank them and the fans for everything they have done for me. I want to continue to progress my career and joining United is the ideal place for me to do that. I am looking forward to this new chapter in my life and also looking forward to learning from the world-class players and management at the club."

Manchester United assistant manager Ryan Giggs said: "Luke is a very talented young left-back with great potential. He has developed immensely during his time at Southampton and has all the attributes to become a top player. I am delighted he has joined Manchester United as I believe this is the right club for him to continue his development as a young player and eventually fulfil that promise."

Source: manutd.com
Quote:Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho claims he pulled out of a bid to sign left-back Luke Shaw this summer because his wage demands would have "killed" the club.

Source: BBC Sport

Do we think Jose is a bit bitter that he couldn't sign Shaw? Maybe he's actually right and we're going to have a problem in a few years with so many young players on huge wages.
Its just mind games. At least it shows he's slightly worried.
Yes, just jealous. Don't you think that United are aware of their own finances and can handle these bigger money deals. Maybe chelski are still a small club now that FFP rules are in and perhaps Abramovich doesn't want to play anymore?
You would hope so but with Ed Woodhead in charge you never quite know. Wink