Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CONFIRMED: Ibrahimovic joins LA Galaxy
Los Angeles Galaxy have confirmed the signing of Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

[Image: zlatan-ibrahimovic-reveals-left-manchest...xy-7412099]

Manchester United agreed to the mutual termination of Ibrahimovic's contract on Thursday, paving the way for the 36-year-old Sweden striker to complete his move to California.

Ibrahimovic says he is convinced the switch to Major League Soccer club Galaxy is the ideal move.

"I decided to sign with Galaxy because I think it's the right place for me," he said.

The Swedish striker will wear the number nine shirt for Galaxy
"I think I have a lot to give, I can help them a lot. It's the best team in the US. There were no doubts."

In typically flamboyant fashion, Ibrahimovic took out a full-page advert in Friday's LA Times in advance of a formal announcement from Galaxy.

A league title winner in four different countries, Ibrahimovic left hometown club Malmo for Ajax in 2001. He went on to play for Juventus, Inter, Barcelona, AC Milan and Paris Saint-Germain before joining United in 2016.

He made 53 appearances for United, scoring 29 goals, the last of which came in the EFL Cup defeat to Bristol City in December. Ibrahimovic played an instrumental role in United's EFL Cup and Europa League triumphs last season.

Ibrahimovic has won 13 league titles in four different countries

In an Instagram post on Thursday, Ibrahimovic wrote: "Great things also come to an end and it is time to move on after two fantastic seasons with Manchester United.

"Thank you to the club, the fans, the team, the coach, the staff and everybody who shared with me this part of my history."

David Beckham - who now owns his own MLS franchise in Miami - told us in January that if Ibrahimovic were to join the league, it would be a huge boost
A United statement read: "Everyone at the club would like to thank Zlatan for his contribution to the team since his arrival and wishes him well for the future."

Ibrahimovic has retired from international football but is considering making a return for the World Cup in Russia this summer.