Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
CONFIRMED: United Sign Zlatan Ibrahimovic
[Image: 320FF39900000578-3485602-image-a-53_1457611745483.jpg]

Manchester United have confirmed the signing of Zlatan Ibrahimovic on a free transfer.

The 34-year-old passed a medical at United's Carrington training complex on Friday afternoon and finalised personal terms on a switch to Old Trafford.

He is reunited with manager Jose Mourinho, having worked with the Portuguese during their time together at Serie A club Inter Milan.

"I am absolutely delighted to be joining Manchester United and am looking forward to playing in the Premier League," Ibrahimovic told the club's official website.

"It goes without saying that I cannot wait to work with Jose Mourinho once again. He is a fantastic manager and I am ready for this new and exciting challenge.

"I have thoroughly enjoyed my career so far and have some great memories. I am now ready to create more special memories in England."
Manchester United have not offered striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic a new contract and the Swede has been released by the club.

The 35-year-old agreed a one-year contract, with an option for second season, last summer.

But the extension had not been triggered by the time the Swede suffered his season-ending knee ligament injury in April.