Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Classic Matches of the 08/09 Season?
(09-09-2009, 06:08 PM)blah_united Wrote: those were some great games that will be remembered as playing a big part in a big season

will never forget the 5 - 2 utd - spurs game, the place was buzzzzzzing !!!
For me, has to be the villa game. Brought back memories of Sheffield Wed and SB.
I'd say Utd v Villa, purely because a star was born that day!!
I agree - Macheda's goal turned the season our way.
(15-09-2009, 06:44 PM)Faoiseamh Wrote: To be perfectly honest, I don't think any of our matches were true classics last season, but that said, the 3-2 win against Villa and the 3-1 win against Arsenal were both very important games.

shut up your saying we had no good games last season we won the league again sure of course we had a good season yout twonk

Now, don't get upset, but the Premiership match away to Arsenal (I know we lost), was a fantastic game of football. It could have have been 4-3 to either side. Absolutely riveting, even though the result was less than enjoyable.
well i will be getting upset if someone who only makes 5 posts talks a load of **** when we had a good season last year
Let's go delete crazy, then Andy!!

As for fave game? For me, home v Villa. Got hospitality tickets for that game, in North Stand quadrant next to rocking Stretford End. No prawn sandwiches for me, though, but plenty of Strepsils for my throat! Superb atmosphere and Kiko came up with the goods. It may not have been a classic like the Arsenal away game, but for drama right at then end, you can't beat it. Absolutely buzzing afterwards.
Got to meet the legend that is Davis Sadler in the Red Cafe after, too. He had time for a chat, sign autographs and pose for photos.
Big kid me!
(12-09-2009, 04:18 PM)ricey Wrote: Macheda's winner against Villa. one of the highlights of the season!

united 0 -0 asnl
Aston Villa game was the best one. To get them 3 points and stay ahead of liverpool and the last minute goal by a wondergoal by Macheda.