Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Douglas Costa Signs For Shakhtar Donetsk
One-time Manchester United target Douglas Costa has sprung a major surprise by signing for Ukrainian outfit Shakhtar Donetsk.
Last season's UEFA Cup winners have made a habit of recruiting high-profile Brazilians, with Elano joining Manchester City in big-money deals having first played for the club.
However, Costa's transfer from Gremio is a shock and puts on hold any thought Sir Alex Ferguson might have had of resurrecting a deal to bring the 19-year-old to Old Trafford.
At one stage last summer it appeared Ferguson would definitely sign Costa, only for the deal to go cold, amid concerns about the player's attitude.
United did invite the Brazilian Under-20 international to spend a short trial period with them. But Costa refused, preferring instead to remain with Gremio.
However, now he has agreed to make the big move from South America, as so many have done in the past, but join a relatively minor European league compared to Spain, Italy or England.
'I was not expecting it,' he said. 'I only thought of Gremio.
'Today I think about Donetsk and I'm extremely happy.
'That's two times they tried to sign me. I do not know if this is the right time to leave but I mostly thought about my family

source:manutd people
we will see how he gets on in ukraine, you never know he could be bought yet
he says ..................... he wount stay there for a LOng! might 1-2 years!

he likes united! and he may move to bigger club soon!

Big Grin
fergie is probably gonna wait until hes a bit older
But the thing with this player is he sees United as just a english club and when a spainish club makes a offer BANG he's gone he is brazilan.they grew up watching Madrid,barca if they didnt live in poor parts!
so in other words, just like ronaldo
They are all the same my friend its lie this! you sign for Madrid and your irish your dream is to play in england i should imagine and manchester united come in for you are you going to stay loyel if they made you the player you are mmmm NO you dont care as long as you get the money and with your favourite team
yea its all about the money now
Sure is but iv i was signed for ManUtd i would'nt care it would be a dream!!!!
just like giggsy