Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evra needs Man Utd to have a 10-match winning streak to rebuild season
HEADLINE - Patrice Evra demands Manchester United put together 10-match winning streak to rebuild season

Quote:Patrice Evra has set his Manchester United team-mates the daunting target of bagging 10 successive wins to get their season back on track.

United have struggled so far this season as they attempt to defend their Premier League title, with defeats to Liverpool, Man City and West Brom, as well as draws with Chelsea and Southampton, ensuring their worst start to a campaign in 24 years.

But David Moyes’ men have now won three back-to-back matches for the first time this term in the Champions League, Premier League and Capital One Cup, and Evra has demanded another seven victories in a row to drag his side back into the title hunt.

‘The problem is not that we are doing badly, it is because we are not doing things well enough,’ said the Frenchman.

‘We’ve lost our consistency and we need to find it really quickly if want to win every trophy.

‘We can’t win one game and draw the next one, or lose it. Now, every game is important.

‘We [do] want to win two or three games in a row but it is when we win 10 games in a row that I will say Manchester United are back in business.

‘At the moment, we’re not.’

Those next seven matches include a trip to struggling Fulham tomorrow, as well as home fixtures with Arsenal and Everton, alongside a visit to Tottenham.

So, what do you think? Do you think he is asking too much from the team? Or is it justifiable?

I, for one, agree that once they get their shit together, the 10-match-winning streak is achievable. Yes, I agree with Patrice that we need that to rebuild the season.

Source: http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/01/patrice-ev...n-4169451/
It's not impossible that's for sure, but it's quite hard. They need to be very motivated to do this, and they should be because they are struggling at the moment and need to win games to keep up, all we can do is show our support!

Go United!
(01-11-2013, 07:14 PM)mauricioq Wrote: It's not impossible that's for sure, but it's quite hard. They need to be very motivated to do this, and they should be because they are struggling at the moment and need to win games to keep up, all we can do is show our support!

Go United!

Yes, we should always support the team no matter the result. A true red devil won't let losses and failures affect his/her love for the team. I believe that the team can do this. GGMU!
The man knows what he's saying. Don't know about a winning streak but we definitely need a long undefeated streak in the league. Every loss from this point on would do a lot of damage, particularly in light of how well the team has done to rebuild after the poor start.