Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
F.A Cup 3rd Round Draw
Man Utd Will Take On Kettering Or Leeds In The 3rd Round Of The F.A Cup at Home on the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd of Janurary.

Full Draw

Tottenham v Peterborough
Brentford v Doncaster
Middlesbrough v Man City
Stoke v York
Notts County v Forest Green
Huddersfield v West Brom
Sheff Utd v QPR
MK Dons v Burnley
Chelsea v Watford
Nott'm Forest v Birmingham
Preston v Colchester
West Ham v Arsenal
Aston Villa v Blackburn
Portsmouth v Coventry
Sunderland v Oxford or Barrow
Wigan v Hull
Everton v Carlisle
Sheff Wed v Crystal Palace
Tranmere or Aldershot v Wolves
Blackpool v Ipswich
Fulham v Swindon
Stockport or Torquay v Brighton
Scunthorpe v Barnsley
Southampton v Rotherham or Luton
Bristol City v Cardiff
Reading v Liverpool
Staines or Millwall v Derby
Plymouth v Newcastle
Leicester v Swansea
Bolton v Lincoln
Accrington or Barnet v Gillingham
Man Utd v Kettering or Leeds
yeesss leeds lol
Kettering gave them a good game, tbh. Didn't do enough to knock the leeds scum out, but showed that leeds are not that great a side, despite the lead in their league. Where are they now? Northern Premier, isn't it?

I'm going to turn into Kevin Keegan for a mo (minus the dodgy perm) and say: I'd love it if they beat them! Come on the Poppies!!

It seems that Kettering are another club in trouble, too, so could do with the cup run and a payday at OT. Mind you, the same could be said for leeds, lol!

Kettering want a new ground, but it seems that the council may not be supportive:
http://www.northantset.co.uk/news/Leader...5866495.jp
play obertan and toisc on the wings and gibo in the centre . !!
Don't disrespect the opposition, nor the home fans, either. I was at the Exeter 3rd round match in 2005, where a largely reserve side was sent out, in front of 67000 paying fans and were awful! SAF held his hands up to that one and then sent out a stronger side for the replay that United went on to win 2-0.
I can see how he might look to play with one or two of the 1st team squad, but the fans love the romance of the cup and there is always a good chance that the tickets could go to general sale, so these 'new' fans should get the chance to see the strongest line up.
I think calls for Obertan, Tosic and Gibson are too early. Personally, I think that SAF will maybe have one or two on the bench. More likely to see Park start, I think. Time will tell with injuries, suspensions, etc.
(29-11-2009, 07:49 PM)Noucamp99 Wrote: but the fans love the romance of the cup and there is always a good chance that the tickets could go to general sale, so these 'new' fans should get the chance to see the strongest line up.

m8 tickets for most games are going on general sale now I think the recession is kicking in.
Yeah mate let's put in Obertan!
(29-11-2009, 10:20 PM)ManUtdPeople Wrote:
(29-11-2009, 07:49 PM)Noucamp99 Wrote: but the fans love the romance of the cup and there is always a good chance that the tickets could go to general sale, so these 'new' fans should get the chance to see the strongest line up.

m8 tickets for most games are going on general sale now I think the recession is kicking in.

Yeah, I'd seen that. I just wanted our members to see that they were available, just in case they hadn't seen it on the main site and were interested.
We still can't really afford to get up, but we're planning something for the New Year. Should get at least one more game this season. Hopefully, things will pick up next season a little and the whole country back on track.
Do you really think this will be on general sale?
It's quite likely. Keep an eye on the United website for details.