Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Favorite Goal...EVER!!!
another favourite...

Rooney's Volley V Newcastle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6wO3HhOu6Y
has to be rooneys volley v newcastle, just as he was talking to the ref he turned around and whack, legend
(24-08-2009, 06:44 AM)Noucamp99 Wrote: That's just it, mate. You asked for our opinions on our favourite goal. As each post comes up, I've thought, yeah, another great goal, I wish I'd thought of that one. Like Giggsy's v the gooners. That was a superb display of individual pace, control and finishing, while under pressure. Carlos' free kick was just out of this world, but for different reasons. I doubt we'll all ever agree 100% on the best goal.
What about Maradona's 2nd in 1986 in the 'Hand of God' match?
Beckham's injury time free-kick v Greece to take us to the World cup?
Bestie's goal against Benfica in '68 European Cup?
Beckham (again) v Wimblebum from half-way line?
Solsjkaer's winner in ECL final?
All great goals, but for so many different reasons.
This is a great post and could run for a long time! Well done for creating that one, mate.

are you talking to me? cuz you said post, not thread. if you are talking to me, thanks. if not...ill shut up
How about the two goals which gave us the Champions League trophy in the last couple of minutes !!

Sheer delight !!
(24-08-2009, 05:50 PM)blah_united Wrote:
(24-08-2009, 06:44 AM)Noucamp99 Wrote: That's just it, mate. You asked for our opinions on our favourite goal. As each post comes up, I've thought, yeah, another great goal, I wish I'd thought of that one. Like Giggsy's v the gooners. That was a superb display of individual pace, control and finishing, while under pressure. Carlos' free kick was just out of this world, but for different reasons. I doubt we'll all ever agree 100% on the best goal.
This is a great post and could run for a long time! Well done for creating that one, mate.

are you talking to me? cuz you said post, not thread. if you are talking to me, thanks. if not...ill shut up

No need to shutup, my friend. For post read thread. Good one. It seems so simple, but it really engages the brain and leads to ongoing discussions!

Nice one
(24-08-2009, 07:52 PM)Noucamp99 Wrote:
(24-08-2009, 05:50 PM)blah_united Wrote:

No need to shutup, my friend. For post read thread. Good one. It seems so simple, but it really engages the brain and leads to ongoing discussions!

Nice one

cheers mate!
I believe my all-time favourite goal would be Ole's goal in the 1999 final, simply because of the importance of it.

Apart from that, I think that Dennis Bergkamp's goal against Newcastle (don't remember the year), it showed technique that was out of this world
Solskjaer in Barcelona
and Giggs at Villa Park
both in 99
both made me jump around like no other goal

although Lee Martin, FA Cup final 1990 meant so much
Cantona's winner v Liverpool in 1996 FA Cup - i watched the final in a hotel lobby in Madrid (work had sent me there)
i was yelling and jumping surrounded by suited businessmen
but i'm sure in Madrid they understand the need to beat your rivals
giggsys in the 99 semi final v arsenal was another cracker
giggs v arsenal the big run up