Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Goal keeper of Manchester United?
Hi Guys,,,,,,
I am great fan of the Manchester united , So I would like to share the my favorite Goal keeper from Manchester united . The names of that is" Edwin van der Sar" . He is the classic goal keeper in my view .
i would have to agree with you there Edwin.i would have said Schmeichel but hes gone down a bit in my estimation with some of his comments lately.Also im already worried about next season VDS will take some replacing.
David does quite a lot of saves too, but still i prefer VDS Smile

Well for me, it still has to be Peter Schmeichel.

I know that he has run his mouth a bit since he left the Theatre of Dreams but (to be fair) he hasn't let in any United goals since. Wink
To my mind, where it counts is on the pitch and while he played for us he was a World Class keeper, an Old Trafford Legend.

Don't get me wrong, I like Edwin van der Sar just as much, he was every bit the equal of Peter Schmeichel. However, where Schmeichel had Edwin beat was by the command and authority he showed vocally, in taking charge of his own area. When he spoke (shouted) defenders knew exactly what he wanted from them and they in turn knew exactly what to expect from him if they didn't. He not only had a big mouth but he was a big guy, he could back it up.

Edwin was the more technical keeper of the two whereas Peter was the brave one. Woe betide you if you got in his way.
There's very little (if anything) to pick between either of them but, as a favourite, I'm going with Peter Bolesław Schmeichel.
VDS's gotta be my all time fave United keeper..he's kind of style of goal keeping was just breath-taking and to be the one holding the record of the longest period WITHOUT conceding any goal is quite a big achievement...another thing is that people have to start trusting DAVID DE GEA, he is an excellent shot-stopper, he is quick and sharp minded...plus he is very young so i think DAVID is the PERFECT replacement of VDS.....
1. Peter Schemichel
2. Edwin Van der Sar
I started being a fan of Manchester United during the Van der Sar era, so my answer will be based towards the mentioned keeper. As far as I can remember, he has countless and impossible tasks that has skyrocketed Manchester United to great success.
What?? No one voting for Paddy Roche????

I think that Lord Peter Schmeichel tops it for me. £500K steal for who was probably one of the World's greatest ever. His agility for a big man was amazing.

VDS a very close second, but maybe came to United a little late in his career?
(05-11-2012, 09:24 PM)Hyltz. Wrote: __________________________________________

Well for me, it still has to be Peter Schmeichel.

I know that he has run his mouth a bit since he left the Theatre of Dreams but (to be fair) he hasn't let in any United goals since. Wink
To my mind, where it counts is on the pitch and while he played for us he was a World Class keeper, an Old Trafford Legend.

Don't get me wrong, I like Edwin van der Sar just as much, he was every bit the equal of Peter Schmeichel. However, where Schmeichel had Edwin beat was by the command and authority he showed vocally, in taking charge of his own area. When he spoke (shouted) defenders knew exactly what he wanted from them and they in turn knew exactly what to expect from him if they didn't. He not only had a big mouth but he was a big guy, he could back it up.

Edwin was the more technical keeper of the two whereas Peter was the brave one. Woe betide you if you got in his way.
There's very little (if anything) to pick between either of them but, as a favourite, I'm going with Peter Bolesław Schmeichel.

I agree with you. The way Schmeichel took charge of his area made me, a fan and possibly other fans too feel that he could defend his goal from any strikers. It was always a pleasure to watch him be so passionate and he would even come out during desperate moments in attack! VDS was another goal keeper whom I wished we had acquired earlier. He was definitely the answer to all the goalkeeping problems we had for quite a long time. My favourite is definitely Schmeichel(old feelings die hard) but VDS is a close second.
For me it has to be Edwin Van Der Sar. The Dutchman served the team with complete authority for around 8 years.