Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fergie dosen't blame Foster
Read this on skysports.com this morning

Quote:Sir Alex Ferguson has refused to blame Ben Foster for Manchester United losing their 23-match unbeaten home record in the UEFA Champions League.

The recalled keeper was beaten from distance by Rodrigo Tello after 20 minutes that gave Besiktas their first win at the fifth attempt in Group B.

It was Foster's first start in a month and while he failed to get a hand on Tello's long-distance effect that deflected off Rafael, he has avoided the wrath of Ferguson.

"The goal followed a deflection off Rafael and we were chasing the game," said Ferguson. "Deflections off the body have a certain speed and that can cause a problem."

Ferguson made wholesale changes to his side and gave youth a chance, a gamble he believes will pay off in the long run despite the surprise defeat.
Composure

The likes of Federico Macheda, Danny Welbeck, Gabriel Obertan and Darron Gibson all started and, if anything, he felt they lacked a bit of composure at times.

"I thought we needed a bit of composure. The young players were a bit anxious and that is understandable in a way," he continued.

"It was an experimental line-up in a way. We have to be fair in the way we assess the players in these games.

"The value is the trust we have got in playing these young players. They are potentially top players.

"The important thing is, though, they showed a good level. In the first half we had good opportunities but got caught on the counter attack."

Source; See Above
Foster isnt to blame but he isnt good enfuf for united end of story
I think the lad is lacking confidence but isn't going to get a game ahead of VDS. I hope this can be sorted before VDS retires as I don't fancy going through one of them spells whereby we have a different first choice keeper each season. I think he has the potential to be VDS replacement however he needs games to build up his performance which he isn't going to get at utd. maybe loan out ....????
the thing with foster is that he wont come out the recive the ball to scared
(26-11-2009, 09:47 PM)donlerz Wrote: Foster isnt to blame but he isnt good enfuf for united end of story

agree totally
he would be super for sunderland seeing he gave them great help at the start of the season
Agreed lads, Foster just isn't good enough for United..agreed I'd like to see him out on loan somewhere. Was thinkin a Championship game where he could play every game and get the necessary experience to be at his best.