Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fergie handed fine and touchline ban
Just say this on Sky sports.com

Sir Alex Ferguson has been handed a touchline ban by the Football Association after admitting a charge of improper conduct.

The Manchester United manager has been hit with a four-match match ban, two of which are suspended until the end of the 2010/11 season, following a Regulatory Commission hearing on Thursday.

The suspended sanction will be automatically activated should Ferguson be found guilty of a similar charge over the next 18 months on top of any sanction imposed for that offence.

He has also been fined £20,000 and warned as to his future conduct following comments he made about referee Alan Wiley.

Ferguson described the official as 'unfit' following United's 2-2 draw with Sunderland last month, although he later apologised for his remarks.

Commission Chairman Peter Griffiths QC said "Each member of the Commission recognised Sir Alex Ferguson's achievements and stature within the game.

"Having said that, it was made clear to Sir Alex that with such stature comes increased responsibilities.

"The Commission considered his admitted remarks, in the context in which they were made, were not just improper but were grossly improper and wholly inappropriate.

"He should never have said what he did say."

Source: sky sports
They could have thrown the book at him. I think they let him off quite lightly, almost admitting that Riley was unfit and he had a point. I can see him getting the next 2 games, though, as he does say what he sees and doesn't tend to hold back.
£20k, though, is quite a big fine. Not to a man of SAF's wealth, but still a big fine.
I wonder if they (the FA) will act the same for others such as Wenger and Allardyce when they come out with their criticisms?
ya.... nt a big deal for SAF..
not often he comes near Touchline....
And if it's OT, he could, technically, sit right behind the dugout. I remember when I did the tour a few years ago, they added a seat outside the dugout for the translators to sit on (yes, it's true!) as there wasn't enough room in the 'dugout' as the number of seats are restricted by FA laws.
I am sure, though, he'll leave it to Mike Phelan and Rene Mulensteen to cope. MP is usually the one coaching from the technical area, anyway.
is he aloud to get head phone's to speak to his assitant i wonder
I'm guessing he can still use the 'Hairdryer' at half-time.
If needed that is.
we'll be grand, mike phelan will manage, and if needs be, fergie can go for the phil brown look and wear a headset.
And the FA and refs' association thought that SAF's rant was bad? What about this from the States?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUjeBPjPpdg
He is just a legend. people say its an easy job. its not you have to many rivals etc and the stuff he has acived is just amazing !!

LOVE YA FERGIE
Is this Saturday his last game with a touchline ban?