Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fergie's £45M Sergio Swoop
United have targeted Atletico Madrid’s £45m striker Sergio Aguero.

Sir Alex Ferguson has turned his sights on the young Argentine star after giving up on Valencia’s David Villa, who is expected to join Real Madrid.

Aguero – nicknamed Kun – has scored 37 leeague goals in the last two years for Atletico and is only still 21.

Chelsea have already made contact over the talented striker, but were put off by his £200,000-a-week wage demands.

But Fergie is hoping that Aguero will lower those as he would get the chance to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

The £80m United will get for Cristiano Ronaldo is starting to burn a hole in Fergie’s pocket.

United would be prepared to offer Aguero, who is married to Diego Maradona’s daughter, a five year deal at £120,000 a week, but again hope the lure of Old Trafford would be enough to attract him.

Atletico’s president Enrique Cerezo has made it clear recently that the club would be willing to listen to ‘interesting’ offers for their star player.

As well as Chelsea, Jose Mourinho at Inter Milan is also interested in the player as he expects to lose Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

But Fergie is believed to want to open negotiations with Atletico and the player’s advisers as soon as possible.

He obviously feels the striker will be perfect for the Premier League and an ideal replacement for Carlos Tevez, who Aguero won an Olympic gold alongside.
This one keeps rearing it's head up. Blah_united is a big fan of Aguero, as we all know, lol!!
would be nice to sign him he looks very promising
Who is? Blah_united? We could sign him and donlerz, lol.
I think United have been tracking him (Aguero) for a little while, too.
(29-09-2009, 01:59 PM)Noucamp99 Wrote: Who is? Blah_united? We could sign him and donlerz, lol.
I think United have been tracking him (Aguero) for a little while, too.

ha ha!

I think, as you've heard from noucamp99, aguero would be an absoulutly fantastic signing. would have preffered benzema, but he will do just fine. and wouldn't mind david silva either.

though the thread needs to be updated.
are you made you would rather benzema haha not a HOPE ageuro is the new torres but BETTER its a player if we get NOBODY will get us!!!!!! strong words!!!!!
Not sure we need Aguero, especially for £40 million plus, would rather spend that money on an attacking midfielder, some like like Mata, Gourcuff or Silva. My choice would be Mata not sure if Valencia would let him go.

Don't get me wrong I would love to see Aguero at Old Trafford, but with Rooney, Berbatov, Owen, Welbeck, Macheda and even King not sure we need strikers, and the money could be spent in other areas that would be more benificial to the side.

Oh and I would love to see Gonzalo Higuain at Old Trafford, he was probably Real's best player last season looks like he would suit the Premier League, he has pace, strength and is a lethal finisher, plus he works hard. A front 3 of Higuain, Berbatov and Rooney would be unstoppable.
huguain is very underrated, for some reason. hes a very good striker, 20 goals a season proven, and hes young. but its gonna take alot of money to get him away from madrid
well if hes a young proven goalscorer then he would be a wise buy for us.
havent seen him play in ages...its always Benzema and Raul