Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fergie's biggest mistake?
(28-09-2009, 07:03 PM)olocky Wrote: Allowing Schmeichel to Leave in 1999, when he carried on playing for a good few years afterwards, and even came back to the Premier League

SAF had no choice in that one. The big man wanted to rest his ageing body and go off to warmer a climate to recover from the challenge of playing so many games for such a successful team. Let's face it, he was never the same when he returned to the Premier league and look who he ended up playing for. I mean, European football, you're having a laugh. He's another hero who did it all in England, anyway, so United rewarded him by not standing in his way when he wanted to slow down.
The only real exercise he got after leaving was picking the ball out of the net more often!!
yeah glad you should your point !
the biggest mistake for me was selling beckham i loved himand i grew up as him being my favourite player so if you understand! id love becks to come back!
(01-09-2009, 02:01 PM)blah_united Wrote: What do you thnk is Fergie's biggest mistake?

Buying Berbatov for £30.75m?

Loading off Stam to Lazio?

Leaving Tevez on the bench in last season's Champions League Final?

Not taking a good enough interest in Essien?

Letting Rossi go?

What do you think is his biggest mistake?

Blah. I have to agree with the posts that donlerz has made. You seem to have made this forum a place to attack Berba whenever possible. Come on, he's one of ours. Fair enough, you have a low opinion of him, but SAF is rarely as wrong as you seem to suggest.

He had absolutely no pre-season with United last year and his style is not what we're used to at OT, but what a player! He has probably the best 1st touch in the Premier league. He has good vision and uses his head. He reminds me more of Teddy, as he didn't have pace, but used his footballing brain.

I agree that last year, he looked out of his depth, but he is a great asset for us and the youngsters will learn a lot from him, Owen and Rooney. He will be a very useful striker for away matches in Europe, as the team is usually set up with 1 striker and he can hold the ball up and bring the midfield into the game.

Come on, mate, stop picking on the guy.
he got his goal this week im happy and everyone else shouyld be and get of his back and give the guy saport!!!
Defo. He is a team player. You don't hear him spouting off about not playing when he misses out. He is not a sulker. I think he works hard. I get that his languid style may not suit everyone, but when he wears the red shirt, we should support him. OK, so he doesn't have the flare of Ronny, but he is United history. Berba is the now.
berbatov mighted be a player were most young people like watching infact im young i lovvve watching him supper first touch beautfull and great lilttle passes great all we need!
(28-09-2009, 07:16 PM)Noucamp99 Wrote:
(01-09-2009, 02:01 PM)blah_united Wrote: What do you thnk is Fergie's biggest mistake?

Buying Berbatov for £30.75m?

Loading off Stam to Lazio?

Leaving Tevez on the bench in last season's Champions League Final?

Not taking a good enough interest in Essien?

Letting Rossi go?

What do you think is his biggest mistake?

Blah. I have to agree with the posts that donlerz has made. You seem to have made this forum a place to attack Berba whenever possible. Come on, he's one of ours. Fair enough, you have a low opinion of him, but SAF is rarely as wrong as you seem to suggest.

He had absolutely no pre-season with United last year and his style is not what we're used to at OT, but what a player! He has probably the best 1st touch in the Premier league. He has good vision and uses his head. He reminds me more of Teddy, as he didn't have pace, but used his footballing brain.

I agree that last year, he looked out of his depth, but he is a great asset for us and the youngsters will learn a lot from him, Owen and Rooney. He will be a very useful striker for away matches in Europe, as the team is usually set up with 1 striker and he can hold the ball up and bring the midfield into the game.

Come on, mate, stop picking on the guy.

these arn't what I think!!!!

I just put them down as examples!!!!
i would of loved to have giuseppe rossi stay at the club, i always thought he was gonna be a good prospect