Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GREEN AND GOLD AT WEMBLEY!!!
so kind of u Nou Big Grin
I think it would be good to scrap the green and gold against fulham just to show the rest of the world we are still RED AND WHITE and remind ourselves what its like to see OT with the red and white scarves held high and proud. Then return to green and gold against Liverpuddle that would probably get more media coverage anyway . I am not against the protest but i think it needs putting into perspective. How many people will ditch the green and gold after United is out of glaziers hands .? are people getting attached to the colour ?
its not like people wearing green and gold is gonna change glazers mind, is it now?
(13-03-2010, 02:27 PM)P211 Wrote: its not like people wearing green and gold is gonna change glazers mind, is it now?

Idd
(13-03-2010, 12:02 PM)Rattylad Wrote: I think it would be good to scrap the green and gold against fulham just to show the rest of the world we are still RED AND WHITE and remind ourselves what its like to see OT with the red and white scarves held high and proud. Then return to green and gold against Liverpuddle that would probably get more media coverage anyway . I am not against the protest but i think it needs putting into perspective. How many people will ditch the green and gold after United is out of glaziers hands .? are people getting attached to the colour ?

I'm with you on this. Although I've said it more than 3 times now, i do want Glazer out, but looking like Norwich on a day out is becoming a little boring now. The silly thing is, all those people, flocking to OT with their nice scarves are still putting money into the Glazers' pockets by buying tickets, merchandise and food & drink. In addition, and it has been said on here before, players and officials died for the red shirt of Manchester United. I think that another way needs to be found, so the fans can show their support for the players on the pitch on the vital run in.
Trouble is the green and gold as annoying it is to me is a very visible way of showing the anti glazer feeling , the only other visible way that i can think of is to lobby all supporters to turn up at OT on match day and for no one to go in... That would get plenty of media coverage imo. But so many ppl only get the odd chance of going so i cant see everyone agreeing with that , but just imagine 75 thousand outside OT refusing to go in Smile
But I admit that does nothing to support the team on this vital run in Sad
(01-03-2010, 11:16 AM)UnitedsRedArmy Wrote:
(01-03-2010, 10:46 AM)Bennthered Wrote: Just wanted to say the green and gold protest is obviously alot bigger than i thought there were so many scarfs and shirts there yesterday!!

i bet 75% of the united faithful were wearing them!!! (but almost all of them wear wearing a red one with the or a red united shirt!)

No you were wrong and i was there to say it was not that many i promise you, it was a lot yes but more like 75% were in the red & black, on the tv it gives that impression when i watched it again and to be honest, yesterday lots of fans were saying in the bars etc, it will be the last day they would wear it, its was all about the party atmosphere for some, never a real protest, it was just about doing something different.

But most now know, it will not make any difference how many g & g scarves there are, that wont shift the Glazers at all, it needs more than that.
Hello, it appears from reading your posting that the well organised protest from the 'Green and Gold' Man Utd fans and supporters, alot that is...are not really taking the Glazer issue, seriously.
..."it will be the last day.....different".

You are in fact correct, the Glazer's will not shift and it requires more than a protest-more like an official enquiry should be initiated by the Football Federation also at the highest political level possible.

As Steve Gill Man Utd's CEO-Yes man stated a few months back, when he entered into dialogue with UEFA's president Michel Platini...and I quote,
"...the DEVIL is in the DETAIL" What are the conditions attached to the Bond issues? and What pray tell are the owners...the Glazer family, doing? Shoring up their own assets, maybe...applying their debts against the assets of the club...training ground etc.

I for one would be very interested to know. I am a KIWI girl from New Zealand and there are many Man Utd fans and supporters from my homeland...I have a preference to see Manchester United FC returned unscathed back to where he belongs...to his English people, who know him and love him best.

Cheers

Post edited to add Utd - noucamp99
I am getting a little tired of seeing Norwich playing at OT. It was a good gimmick to start with, but the focus seems to be lost with people obviously jumping on the bandwagon and selling the scarves to make themselves some money and so many people are falling for it. My mate was up for the chelski game and said that there were lads selling them who were nothing to do with the Supporters' Trust.

What makes it seem so strange, though, is that those people who are protesting have bought a ticket (and paid some pennies to the Glazers), probably popped into the Megastore (and paid some pennies to the Glazers), bought at least 1 programme (and paid some pennies to the Glazers), had a tour round the museum (and paid some pennies to the Glazers), had a drink from one of the bars (and paid some pennies to the Glazers), bought some food from one of the concession stands (and paid some pennies to the Glazers) and still feel good about buying a scarf! Kind of hypocritical.

I think it's time to draw a line under the green and gold and think up better protests, etc. It just doesn't look right to me.
Hello Noucamp99,

I see where you are coming from and I do agree, by spending pennies on United programmes...is in fact putting more pennies into the Glazer's pockets.

I see on the news, Gordon Brown has named the day for a General Election...how timely and if I may say so respectfully....go LOBBYING those MP's who want to be voted in again...there must be changes made to your overseas investor regulations.

I have been informed by a credible source and friend as well...that the Glazer's only put in 20% of their own money when they purchased OT.

I will try to get in here to post more often, work and Uni have been crowding me lately....

Cheers from Aotearoa (NZ).