Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get Your Singing Heads On!!
Quote:Manchester United will trial a singing section at Old Trafford during next month's Champions League visit of Real Sociedad.

United have already seen one attempt at the venture scrapped after police objected to the relocation of visiting supporters opposite the managers' dug-outs.

But club officials have given their backing to a fresh, fan-led intiative, having taken their own steps to increase noise levels earlier this year when they employed an acoustic engineer.

Up to 1,400 of the most vocal United fans will now be housed in the South East quadrant usually reserved for away fans when Sociedad come to town on 23 October.

Season-ticket holders have been invited to register their interest, with any remaining places offered to members.

The move has already been backed by midfielder Michael Carrick, who wrote on Twitter: "Great idea to have a singing section. If I was going as a fan that's where I'd be..."

Source: skysports.com

I think it a great idea. I would also support a move of the away fans from anywhere near being behind a goal. I think it does give some strength to the away teams with chanting behind them (for 1 half, anyway).

Look at where some fans sit at places like Newcastle, Chelski, etc.
Pete Boyle has been talking on the Man United website about the plans to trial the singing section at Old Trafford in Wednesday's Champions League game against Real Sociedad...

Quote:"Sometimes, you have to support what you believe in, which is why I've backed a campaign to introduce an Old Trafford singing section, an idea that will be trialled during the Champions League match against Real Sociedad.

The plan, which has been backed by Reclaim United and Stretford End Flags, will see up to 1,400 fans grouped together in the south-east quadrant of the stadium, where the away fans are normally housed. And the aim is simple; to improve the atmosphere.

In recent years, some fans have complained about the noise levels, but rather than moaning ourselves, we've decided to do something about it. This is only the first step, but I'm confident of its success and I'm sure it'll create a better experience for all.

A great atmosphere lifts the team and is easy to create within a group of like-minded Reds; just listen to our away support, it's incredible. And because the acoustics in Old Trafford's 'away end' are much better, we should create a marvellous noise.

Understandably, some fans will be reluctant to leave their seats for sentimental reasons. It was a tough decision to leave my own, but I wanted to stand up and be counted. We have an opportunity to improve the stadium and I hope other fans grab it with both hands."

Source: manutd.com
This is actually a great idea! The singing would really help boost the morale of the players. Instead of hearing noisy shouts and moans, they would just hear singing. I hope this'll be implemented in the future.