Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greedy Carlos
GREEDY Carlos Tevez has told Manchester United: Make me your highest-paid player — or I go.

The Red Devils have agreed the £26million asking price to make the Argie striker’s loan move permanent.

But they have still to match the personal terms of £110,000 a week that stars Rio Ferdinand and Dimitar Berbatov earn.

Tevez, 25, has been on £95,000 a week since joining Alex Ferguson’s side but his loan ends at the end of this month.

He is on holiday in Buenos Aires where he has also been contacted directly by new Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti.

SunSport revealed details of that phone call this week and how impressed Tevez was with new Blues' boss Ancelotti's personal approach.

Moneybags Manchester City are also interested in grabbing the hitman as boss Mark Hughes bids to build a team capable of giving the Premier League's Big Four a bloody nose.

That threw United into panic, yet they could have had the deal wrapped up months ago had they wanted to.

Tevez was frustrated with the Red Devils last season for leaving him in the dark over his future. Now the player and his agent and co-owner Kia Joorabchian are happy to keep them waiting on their decision.

Meanwhile, United starlet Darron Gibson insists Cristiano Ronaldo, 24, will not be missed.

Republic of Ireland midfielder Gibson, 21, spoke out after the Portugal man's departure to Real Madrid.

He said: "A fee of £80m was simply too much to refuse. But we've a great squad and I don't think we'll miss him. There are a few that can step in and do as well."