Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have You Got The Answers ?
Have You Got The Answers ?

This season we are lacking several things that we had working for us last season.
Rooney, tactics, cohesion, endeavour, stamina, tenaciousness and last years 12th. man :~ Owen Goal.

Elsewhere, other forum members are yelling for SAF to call it a day.
Well OK, he's made some poor decisions of late (going back for a couple of years) but to me, the real problems lay on the pitch.

The abilities are there, of that there is no doubt. After all were scoring the goals, at least to begin with.
That proves SAF has got the initial setup right, so that means presumably his game plan works as well.

Where it goes wrong is when we somehow, deviate from the 'norm'. (i.e. Substitution; Injury; Man set off; Goal goes against us .... Whatever!!!)
Once that happens, we don't seem capable of dealing with it. We don't appear to have a 'Plan B'.
Players are played out of position (or get pulled out of position); We start making mistakes; Begin booting the ball upfield; Passes start going astray, then slowly but surly our game descend into turmoil.

These are players who shouldn't have to start looking to the bench for guidance, most of them are seasoned stalwarts and should be able to work things out, there on the pitch, for themselves, but their not.
They cease to function as a team .... and that is where the problems lay.

I have no answers (apart from the cheque book), I just pray that someone has ...... Have you ????

Answers and Suggestions please.
Here is my opinion for what its worth. SAF should only retire when he says he's had enough until then we should back him 100% I know hes made some strange decisions like playing chiquarito with his great speed and running into space behind defence against rangers when a blind man on a galloping horse could see there would be no space at all. then starts with owen whos lost his pace against sunderland where there was all the space in the world . The thing is we have the same personel at the back and in midfield as last year and we are lacking in team work at the back .SAF is alot older now and cannot cover every aspect as he used to,He needs a clever tactical assistant manager and I dont think Mike phelan fits that role . I would bring Carlos Quiroz back he knows the game and knows uniteds style and can shape the players into a tactically sound unit while SAF can do what he does best like demand 100% from his players in terms of on the pitch and off it. We also need to buy some top quality midfielders id like to see a player who does not let anything go past him and a player who can orchestrate clever attacking moves. Its my opinion that J.Evans and J.Oshea are simply not good enough when either Rio or Nemanja Vidic are not playing . Carrick is ordinary and too much goes by him and Fletcher seems to look better than he actually is because the rest around him are playing badly. The Rooney saga if he has fallen out with SAF and requested a transfer then sell him for as much as we can get ,If not lets get him in the team and support him. I for one do not want any player at OT no matter how good if he wants to be elsewhere. We definately need a shake up but we have most of the ingredients of a great side. Think of it this way if SAF retired along with Paul Scholes ,Edwin Van Der and rooney left we would be left with an uphill struggle. The only manager that can possibly keep united where they are and improve is Jose and he will be at Real Madrid for at least one more season.
Just to add that in Rio and Vidic when they have a run in the team together are the best two center backs in the game Evra when on form is the best defender in the world imo and rafael is quick and a very good defender who rarely lets anyone go passed him although he is young and still learning the game ,Berba nani and chiquarito would frighten any defence in the world so its not all bad. we need to sort out the midfield .Too many get passed our struggling midfielders. We are scoring goals but teams now are confident about scoring against us ,sort that out and we will start to go the right way. A fully fit and playing well Owen Hargreaves would solve alot of problems if he were to return to his former ability.

PS Get well soon Valencia we need you.
Just heard it confirmed on Radio 5 live SAF said in a news conference that Rooney has asked for a transfer in january. just goes to show u can't trust a scouser "Everton till I die" and " Manchester United is the best club in the world I will never leave" Wonder if tevez would come back as a part exchange seeing as he fell out with mancini ? seems shity are the favs to sign the money grabbing scouse traitor ,at least with rooney gone he would start every game Wink We could even make him club captain ..... if he does go to shity he will be at home there because most of them there would f**k anybody for more money...
Yes Ratty, I agree with almost all you have to say (Post:#2) and don't [completely] disagree with you on the rest. Smile

I too would like to see Carlos Q back at OT, that would be great for United. :grin:
As for him doing so ~ well that's another story.
(21-10-2010, 01:39 AM)Hyltz. Wrote: Yes Ratty, I agree with almost all you have to say (Post:#2) and don't [completely] disagree with you on the rest. Smile

LOOOOL