Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If Rooney leaves United
What are your thoughts on the subject "if rooney ever leaves united"
because, look what happend to ronaldo. the same could happen to rooney.
IF that happen......... ALso i wount curse Rooney! Wish him all the best for his carrier! And cheer him while he come to play for England!

plz DNt compare Rooney with Ronaldo! .. we knew Ronny will move for sure! But Rooneys heart is here!we knew Rooneys love over United other tan any other club!

But he has high respect Over barca!(hopefully one of te bst n world).He thinks barca was his second best!

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

latest news!:: 25 Jan 2010 00:16:00

Report: Manchester United to hand Wayne Rooney £40m deal

Manchester United will move to make Wayne Rooney their highest earner by the end of the winter, according to The Mirror.

The tabloid claims that the Old Trafford hierarchy are set to offer their prized asset a new five-year contract worth £150,000 per week - a package that adds up to £40 million in total.

Rooney has firmly established himself as the Red Devils' key man since Cristiano Ronaldo's departure last summer, as highlighted by the England striker's four-goal heroics against Hull City at the weekend.

As such, it is understood that the Glazers - United's under-fire owners - have given the all clear to tie Rooney down, in the hope of apeasing fans who have reacted with hostility to reports of the club's growing financial issues.

There are fears among the Stretford End faithful that their Scouse-born star could be sold in an attempt to balance the books, as both Barcelona and Real Madrid are said to be mounting big-money bids.

But Rooney - whose current deal runs until the summer of 2012 - has repeatedly declared his loyalty to United, and it is expected that there will be no hassles in getting him to sign on the dotted line.

Source: Goal.com
www.manutd.com
www.tribalfootball.com
Wow! Can I have half that?

Great work Vazza, btw. Someone give him rep points - I've given him his last 3, lol!!!

I truly hope that Wazza stays. He has pledged his future to United and has expressed a desire for his young 'un to grow up in England. Having said that, the lure of sunshine and a tax-free living would compare.
In my opinion we must keep rooney! without we we dont only lose the skill and craftsmanship but we lose his mentality not many players can lift a crowd like he can and also have the skill and passion to make it worthwhile! a living legend!!!!
@Vazza

its all good :]
Once again, our Wazza moves swiftly to dispel any rumours of a move:

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney insists there is "no reason" for him to want to move away from Old Trafford.

It has been suggested United might be forced to cash in on the England international to help ease their debts.

Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona are both thought to be keen on tempting Rooney away from United, but the former Everton ace insists he is happy with life at Old Trafford

"This is my club. I'm very happy here," said Rooney.

"My family live 30 minutes away. I'm perfectly happy and there is no reason to play my football anywhere else. Manchester United are the biggest club in the world."

Rooney has two-and-a-half years remaining on his Red Devils deal, with reports suggesting talks will get under way over a new four-year contract soon.

The England frontman has netted 21 goals in all competitions this season, but claims even he is sometimes happy to avoid boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

"There are days when I don't want to see the manager," added Rooney. "He can be fierce at times. Even after we have won 2-0 or 3-0, and the lads are laughing and joking and thinking they've played well, he sometimes comes in and lets loose. I'm left thinking: 'What's wrong?'

"Our dressing room is not a nice place to be when we lose. He's a perfectionist."

Rooney admits he has not enjoyed the best relationship with Everton boss David Moyes since making the switch to United from his boyhood club in 2004.

"Things haven't been good between us," noted Rooney. "I've said a few bad things in the past about him but, when I look back, I see what he did for me. He helped make me the player I am today."

United chief executive David Gill, meanwhile, has stressed Rooney is not for sale at any price.

"I'm very, very confident in saying that unless Alex agreed to it, we would not accept an offer for a player that we wanted to keep - regardless of the value," Gill told Radio Five Live.

"From my own personal perspective, and Alex's, we have no doubt in saying that they (United's owners, the Glazer family) would support whatever we require from a team perspective."

He added: "Wayne has a contract through until 2012," said Gill.

"He has gone on record to say he wants to stay and we want him to stay.

"I'm sure (a new deal) will be addressed in the close season. We hope that would be the case as we want to put him on a new, long-term contract. He's 24 and got the best years of his life ahead of him.

"Very few players, particularly UK-based players, want to leave Manchester United."

Source: skysports.com

Smile Smile Happy, happy, joy, joy, lol. Smile Smile
Close this, as there is an almost identical thread here:

https://manutdpeople.com/Thread-Rooney-d...ummer-move