Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries Mount Up .. New Cover?
On top of Sir Ryan's broken wrist, Ando's cruciate ligament, Owen's hamstring, Hargo's jumpers' knee, Rio's back, Wazza's knee, O'Shea's thigh strain and Jonny Evans' knee injuries, I have heard whispers that Wes Brown has broken his foot. What next?

I can't check the rumours at work, due to filters on our servers. Can anyone shed any light on this?
ITS ON THE BBC RUMOURS WEBSITE HE HAS MATE NOT SURE IF ITS TRUE OR NOT THO!
Bum! if it's true, then we need Rafael and Gary Nev to do the job at right back and for Rio and Vida maintain their fitness for the rest of the season. We need Jonnys Evans and O'Shea fit again!

What a weird season, eh?
HOW LONG IS EVANS ON THE TABLE FOR?? AND THERE IS ALSO A ROMOUR THIS MORNING THAT O SHEA IS BACK TRAINING AND COULD BE FIT TO PLAY THE RESSYS GAME WITH HARGO ON THURSDAY!
we waits on wes scan report!!!
Rooney is Fit!
The papers are in overdrive, its hard to keep track of what's happening! Here's what I've heard so far.

Wayne Rooney will probably play some part against Milan.

John O'Shea will be back earlier than thought.

Hargo will play for the reserves, which people say is important as Brown has broken his foot and Hargo, Neville and Rafael will need to fill in at rightback!

The Joe Cole deal to United is very close.

We've signed Standard Liege defender Marnick Vermijl who is yet to make a first team start for his club.

The first three are probably the only ones that are true
As much as id like to see it i cant see the joey cole deal going thro! dont think hes a "fergie" player
(08-03-2010, 01:54 PM)RambleOnRed Wrote: The papers are in overdrive, its hard to keep track of what's happening! Here's what I've heard so far.

Wayne Rooney will probably play some part against Milan.

John O'Shea will be back earlier than thought.

Hargo will play for the reserves, which people say is important as Brown has broken his foot and Hargo, Neville and Rafael will need to fill in at rightback!

The Joe Cole deal to United is very close.

We've signed Standard Liege defender Marnick Vermijl who is yet to make a first team start for his club.

The first three are probably the only ones that are true

The 3rd is being reported in Belgium. Keep in mind, though, that he is only 17!

I found this on the United Youth website (I still have some access to the World that is Manchester United!!!!):

Reports from numerous sources in Belgium are indicating that United have secured the signing of Standard Liege full-back Marnick Vermijl on a three-year deal.

Neither club has confirmed the transfer as yet, but seemingly reliable sources across the channel are stating that the 18 year-old has put pen to paper on a contract that will earn him €100,000 per year over the course of his initial three years with the Reds. Standard will apparently receive €220,000 by way of compensation, and the player looks set to move to Manchester in the summer upon completion of his schooling.

Capable of playing either full-back position (more naturally right-sided but recently deployed on the left flank), Vermijl was born in 1992 and hails from the eastern Belgian province of Limburg. The teenager started out at provincial club Racing Peer and VV Bocholt before joining Standard’s academy, where he has progressed well enough to earn a run-out for the first team in pre-season. The young defender has also made an impact at youth international level, where he has appeared for the Belgian U18 side as recently as January, and is named in that squad for upcoming friendly with Poland later this month.

Some observers in his homeland have singled Vermijl out as one of the best players of his age group and a potential future senior international, and Standard are reported to be so annoyed at losing him to the Premier League champions that they have subsequently excluded him from training for the remainder of his time in Liege.

Vermijl has been heavily scouted by English sides this season, United alone apparently watching him eleven times (with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Warren Joyce both running the rule over the full-back), but in January it seemed as if United had been beaten to the punch by local rivals City, who were reported to have agreed a deal for the 18 year-old. Happily those reports were erroneous, and it now seems as if Sir Alex Ferguson and his Old Trafford coaching staff have got their man.

Source: manunitedyouth.wordpress.com

Ramble on Red and Phil-M.U.F.C. also spotted the breaking news, so credit to them, too.

Belgian youngster to join :
Starlet claims United deal
Belgian to move to Old Trafford

Manchester United have completed a deal to sign Belgian starlet Marnick Vermijl, according to the player's father.

The 18-year-old is understood to have impressed both Sir Alex Ferguson and reserve team boss Ole Gunner Solskjaer during trials.

United have now handed Vermijl a three-year contract with his current club Standard Liege getting around €300,000 in compensation.

Vermijl, who is naturally a wing-back who can play on either side, will move to Old Trafford in the summer.

"They said he was the best right or left-back they had seen in years," Vemijl's father Dirk told Het Laatste Nieuws.

"Ferguson told me that Marnick in the following years would become a fixture in the Manchester United squad."
promising for the future i think we need to sign some players for now tho its all well and good having all these players ready to come thro but they havent the likes of scholes and giggys to help them thro games as they will have retired there is a big gap in ages!
yup its evrywhere ........... deal was sealed he will join next season in first team..... hes can plays in all posssion in defence ...