Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ireland v France
aw christ, i always admired henry as a great footballer even when he was with the arse, but after tonight, i feel sickened to have ever liked him
I was listening to talkSPORT this morning and they are not happy bunnies on there, either and they're English like me! They claim that Blatter is spineless and, of course, Platini is his clone (and French!). There is, of course, no way that the game will be re-played, but I believe that the FAI should at the very least, make an official appeal against the result, as it was one of the most important matches in their recent history. I believe that FIFA should be seen to do something to penalise Henry for the most blatant piece of cheating since Maradona's hand of god. I can see the Irish talking about that incident for years to come.

The other thing was the Irish support was magnificent. When things weren't going well, they got behind their team and were so vocal. What a credit. Unlike the froggies who boo and jeer their team even when they don't get a throw in.

I can see the conspiracy theories having some legs in this instance, although I don't believe the referee could or would have seen the handball, as cheat Henry was running away from him. How that french twat could have the nerve to celebrate like he did, though?

I see the Irish having the moral high ground with this for a wee while. Heads up lads.
Of course, it doesn't make it any easier to take when Henry (CHEAT) actually ADMITS he did it! Report from SSN:

Thierry Henry has admitted that he did handle the ball as he set-up the goal which saw France beat Republic of Ireland in their World Cup play-off.

The French captain caused huge controversy as he handled Florent Malouda's long ball into the box, before crossing for William Gallas to head the ball home.

The goal came in the first-half of extra-time, after Ireland had beaten France over 90 minutes thanks to Robbie Keane's first-half goal.

With the first-leg ending 1-0 to France the game went into added time, and the home side grabbed victory in the most controversial of fashions.

"Yes, there is a handball but I am not the referee," Henry admitted.

"I'm in the box, there are two defenders in front of me. The ball bounced off my hand, the referee did not see it and I played on.

"It doesn't change anything to the fact that I'm happy we have qualified."

Pleased

French coach Raymond Domenech was pleased to go through, although he admits he did not see the handball.

"I did not see a hand. It's you people who are speaking about this," he said.

"Sometimes we feel unlucky like we were against Serbia, sometimes we feel lucky.

"I just want to congratulate the Irish team. I am disappointed for the public and the fans. In a way, I regret that they did not qualify.

"I very happy for the players and the staff and the people here. The only word we need to say tonight is that we are very happy at the qualification."

Source: Skysports.com

I see that their coach has caught the froggy disease of:"I didn't see it!" What a joke.
its not fair.
Nope. It isn't, but I really can't see what can be done. Even if they ban Henry, France are still at the World cup.
Just Seen This On Twitter....

Send FIFA, Henry and the French football team that we will not take this decision lying down. Assemble 1pm at the French Embassy in Ireland 36 Ailesbury Road Dublin 4 Ireland.
Bring Placards, Banners and Noise.

Might as well pass it on seen as we have good few irish here
WHAT?????????????????????
whens this, i might head up and join in, still pissed off
hmmm Saturday as far as I am aware
why are they doing this?