Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jose Mourinho to United or Not?
Following all the gossip and suggestions that it was a done deal, Sky Sports report this morning that PSG are after Jose:

Quote:Paris Saint-Germain have made an approach to Jose Mourinho to become their new manager this summer, according to Sky sources.

PSG chairman Nasser Al-Khelaifi is understood to have instigated the approach to Mourinho - via his agent Jorge Mendes - immediately after PSG's Champions League exit at the hands of Manchester City last week, having grown frustrated at the club's lack of progress in Europe under Laurent Blanc.

Sky Sports News HQ understands Mourinho's preference is to wait until the end of the season and monitor any developments at Manchester United, although he does consider PSG a credible choice for his return to management and is considering his options.

Read more at http://www.skysports.com/football/news/1...ky-sources
Jose Mourinho has denied he is close to signing a contract extension at Manchester United and cooled talk of him managing Paris Saint-Germain.

The United boss is halfway through the three-year deal he signed to succeed Louis van Gaal at Old Trafford in 2016.

Mourinho stated earlier this week he has a "desire to do new things" and also described PSG as "special" in an interview with French television.

But he was coy when asked to elaborate on those comments in Lisbon on Tuesday afternoon ahead of United's Champions League clash with Benfica.

"You English media have the answer for that because one day it says I am going to sign a five-year contract for one billion pounds for a season," Mourinho said.

"Then the next day you say that I am leaving and going to Paris Saint-Germain.

"The answer is that nothing is happening. I am not signing a new five-year contract and I am not leaving for Paris Saint-Germain.

"I am at Manchester United. I have a contract and that is it. My answer was that I wouldn't end my career at United - after that some people tried to be clever, tried to be malicious. The reality is simple: I didn't sign a new contract but I'm not thinking of leaving too."

When pressed further about the interview in Telefoot, he explained he believes it is impossible for managers in the modern era to spend decades at one club, making Arsene Wenger the exception.

Sir Alex Ferguson managed until the age of 71 after 26 years in charge of United, while 67-year-old Wenger is the current longest serving manager in English football having taken over the north London club in 1996.

The 54-year-old Mourinho continued: "The only thing I said - and it is true, there was not a misinterpretation of my words - that I am not going to end my career at Manchester United.

"And I ask how is it possible in modern football that any manager is going to last 15, 20 years in the same club? [Arsene] Wenger is the last one. With all the pressure that surrounds every job it is impossible to last so long.

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho says his Arsenal counterpart Arsene Wenger will be the last to spent an extended period at one club.
Jose Mourinho says it's impossible to last as long as Arsene Wenger in management
"If in this moment I wanted to finish my career in two, three, four or five years I would say 'yes, my ambition is to finish my career at Manchester United'.

"I think I am going to be in the job of football for another 15 years minimum and I think it is impossible to stay 17 years in the same club.

"It is an impossible mission even if you wanted to. But the reality is simple - I didn't sign a new contract but I am not thinking about leaving either."

Source: sky sports