Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man City To Buy Newcastle Fans
Premier League billionaires Manchester City have today launched an audacious bid for the entire fan base of recently relegated Newcastle United.

The unexpected move has come as part of City’s plans to be the best supported club in the world, and the so-called ‘Best Supporters In The World ™’ have provided a logical starting point.

The move will see each of Newcastle United’s 50,000 ‘regulars’ offered £1,000 to change their allegiances to Manchester City.

“Our competitive advantage is our financial position, and we will buy anything and everything we feel will help us improve this football club.” Said City boss Mark Hughes.

“Securing the Newcastle United fans offers us a great opportunity to improve our position as the best supported club in the league,”

“They have just the sort of experience we’re looking for, in that they’ve enjoyed fleeting periods of great expectation followed almost immediately by abject failure, which will be useful to us in the next two years.”

Unlimited funds

Hughes continued, “We’ll happily pay top dollar for supporters who will blindly follow their team and defend them as the greatest in the world in the face of over-whelming evidence to the contrary.”

“And in that respect, the Geordies really are second to none.”

The Newcastle fans, who will not be subjected to a medical, are expected to have a ‘fully clothed at all times’ clause inserted into their Man City contracts.

A Newcastle spokesperson said that although the move has come at a bad time for them, the entire fee will be used to rebuild the supporter base into a slimmer, better looking unit which they hope will be “the envy of the Championship”.
hahaha I think if this was really true there would be a bit more coverage about it LOL
That is a good one mate! Next thing you know they will be trying to buy Old Trafford or Wembley and move it to the land Eastland is on.
LOL,that was funny,they reallly think money can buy them anything in this world?
would'nt supprise me lol ...
they are just so stupid in thinking money can buy anything, everything
If this surprises me it's stupid.

You can't "buy" fans, I think there terms paying them off but that just shows how stupid man city's board are. Yeah, they're very tactical.. even if they did "swap" they wouldn't really be loyal or the best fans because money got them to do it which = greed.

Man this is annoying.
~Joey
money doesn't get you everywhere
(17-08-2009, 06:04 PM)joey_matthews Wrote: If this surprises me it's stupid.

You can't "buy" fans, I think there terms paying them off but that just shows how stupid man city's board are. Yeah, they're very tactical.. even if they did "swap" they wouldn't really be loyal or the best fans because money got them to do it which = greed.

Man this is annoying.
~Joey

I'm not quite sure (I am really), but I don't think he was being serious. I reckon it's an idea dreamed up by Sunderland fans!
(17-08-2009, 06:04 PM)joey_matthews Wrote: If this surprises me it's stupid.

Man this is annoying.
~Joey
You are reading too much into it mate, twas a joke.