Watch Man Utd vs Burnley Live Stream

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manchester United Striker Dimitar Berbatov Set For Knee Surgery - Sir Alex Ferguson
Yeah and if he keeps playing it's going to keep coming back true out the rest of his career
Yeah, better he gets it over with now instead of drawing out the problem.
Lets get rid of the Bulgarian and if we have any money at all , thats not owed elsewhere , put in a decent bid for Luís Fabiano from Seville . He wants away , would be considerably cheaper now than after the World Cup when i predict his price will leap hugely and interest will be massive . Please dont do what we did with Ronaldinho and mess around until someone else steps in
What about julio baptista, i mean he has a good rep for scoring v the scousers lol SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
Even if we do get rid of Berbatov he'd be another player whose transfer money went to the debt.
After Sir Alex Ferguson’s comments that he has no regrets over Carlos Tevez leaving, many fans have compared the Argie’s strike rate this season at City with Dimitar Berbatov at United.

It wasn’t a case of buying Berbatov or buying Tevez, as the transfer money for Dimitar had already been paid whilst Tevez was on loan, but the comparisons are made.

Whilst Tevez ran his bollocks off every game, Berbatov is more conservative with his energy, leading to him being tagged as “lazy”. Whilst Tevez’s first touch and ball control always needed improving, Berbatov has probably got the best touch in the whole squad.

But should Ferguson have any regrets?

Carlos Tevez – 07/08 – First season
2685 minutes
14 goals (9th highest in the league)
1 goal per 192 minutes (2 hours 72 minutes)
7 assists (18th highest in the league)
1 goal scored/created per 128 minutes (2 hours 8 minutes)

Dimitar Berbatov – 08/09 – First season
2643 minutes
9 goals (25th highest in the league)
1 goal per 294 minutes (4 hours 54 minutes)
10 assists (2nd highest in the league)
1 goal scored/created per 139 minutes (2 hours 19 minutes)

Carlos Tevez – 08/09 – Second season
1856 minutes
5 goals (53rd highest in the league)
1 goal per 371 minutes (6 hours 11 minutes)
3 assists (74th highest in the league)
1 goal scored/created per 232 minutes (3 hours 52 minutes)

Dimitar Berbatov – 09/10 – Second season (so far)
1161 minutes
7 goals (11th highest in the league)
1 goal per 166 minutes (2 hours 46 minutes)
4 assists (23rd highest in the league)
1 goal scored/created per 106 minutes (1 hour 46 minutes)

Conclusion
- Berbatov’s contribution this season, in terms of goals and assists is better than last, and better than both Tevez’s seasons at United.
- Berbatov’s contribution this season, in terms of goals alone, is better than last, and better than both Tevez’s seasons at United.
- Tevez’s first season at United, in terms of goals alone, was far better than Berbatov’s first season at United.
- Tevez’s first season at United, in terms of goals and assists, was marginally better than Berbatov’s first season at United.
- Tevez’s second season at United, in terms of goals alone, was worse than both Berbatov’s seasons at United.
- Tevez’s second second at United, in terms of goals and assists, was worse than both Berbatov’s seasons at United.

Wayne Rooney is currently enjoying his most prolific season for United in front of goal, so could prove to be a good measuring stick for Berbatov and Tevez’s goals.

Wayne Rooney – 09/10 (so far)
1887 minutes
15 goals (highest scorer in the league)
1 goal per 126 minutes (2 hours 6 minutes)
4 assists (23rd highest in the league)
1 goal scored/created per 99 minutes (1 hour 39 minutes)

When you then consider that 4 of Rooney’s goals have been penalties, he has a scoring rate of 1 goal per 172 minutes from open play. Of course, I’m not discounting Rooney’s penalties because you’ve still got to score them, but it is interesting to see that from open play, Dimitar Berbatov has a better scoring rate than Wayne Rooney this season.

SOURCE: The Republik of Mancunia
Thought this would be interesting for u guys to see, the stats and now u all can shut up! Thanks :whistling:
Bro there's still the issue that Berba isn't consistent. He's not up to United level.
(17-01-2010, 11:57 PM)friendorfoo Wrote: Bro there's still the issue that Berba isn't consistent. He's not up to United level.
That happens with time my friend, give him time and he will refind his spurs form and then we will all be mad we sold him Wink
Heck bro I'd love to be proven wrong. If he shows consistent form then it's all good.
New reports from today on Berbatov's injury

Berbatov suffers dead leg
Red Devils striker not suffering from knee injury as first feared

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that Dimitar Berbatov was not withdrawn against Burnley on Saturday because of his troublesome knee problem.

The Bulgarian international put off exploratory surgery on the knee last week after feeling no ill-effects of a full week's warm weather training in Qatar.

The Red Devils manager had confessed after the game that his £30.75million record signing was substituted on 74 minutes because of the knee complaint but he has now admitted that it was a dead leg that was troubling the striker.

However the former Tottenham frontman is still set to miss the Carling Cup semi-final first-leg against Manchester City at Eastlands on Tuesday thanks to the knock and will be assessed in training on the morning of the match.

"I thought Dimitar had got a knock on the knee," Ferguson said.

"It turned out it was a dead leg and we are having a look at that. I am hoping he will be all right but he is a doubt and we will see what he is like in the morning."

Ruled out

Ferguson also stated that both Ryan Giggs and Rio Ferdinand would not be considered despite the England defender closing in on full fitness.

"Rio is training quite well now. He is a lot closer now but he is not in contention for tomorrow," he added.

The Scot is likely to mix experience with youth for the tie with Darron Gibson and Rafael and Fabio Da Silva also expected to be called upon but Ferguson insists he is yet to make up his mind.

"I have got to think about getting a mix in terms of the programme we have got and also the fact I have given young players a game in the past," he pointed out.

"I will have a strongish team but there will be some young players as well."