Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manchester United Transfer Rumours and Gossip 2015
So, here we are again. Transfer window time. And one of the big stories of the day is that WBA have enquired about Darren Fletcher:

Quote:West Brom have contacted Manchester United about the possibility of signing Darren Fletcher, according to Sky sources.

The Scotland captain has had limited first-team opportunities under Louis van Gaal this season, starting just four times in the Premier League, and Albion have enquired about his availability.

Fletcher is United's longest-serving player having made his debut almost 12 years ago, and he counts five league titles and a Champions League winner's medal among his honours.

The 30-year-old midfielder has revived his career after a series of successful operations helped him overcome ulcerative colitis, an illness which kept him out for almost the whole of 2013.

Source: SkySports.com
Mat Hummels, a big favourite want in the chatroom on matchdays, is said to be happy where he is:

Quote:Germany defender Mats Hummels has played down talk of him looking for a move away from Borussia Dortmund.

Hummels has been linked with Manchester United and Arsenal but, despite Dortmund's struggles in the Bundesliga this season, he appears set to stay loyal to Jurgen Klopp's side.

The 26-year-old centre-back has only played for two clubs in his entire career, joining Dortmund in 2008 on loan, and permanently in 2009, after coming through the youth ranks at Bayern Munich.

“I am not really known as a globetrotter," Hummels said. "I have been with two clubs in 26 years. Loyalty is important to me.

"The only thing I am concerned with right now is to play better than in the first half of the season. I was not satisfied at all with myself as one can imagine.

"I have gotten offers from different clubs ever since I have been with Dortmund. That’s not a secret. I have always decided not to leave."

But Hummels did leave the door open to a move at some point in his career, as he added: "I think I have made some good decisions and I want to make those in the future as well.

"I have never said I will stay until 2024 or 2030 or whenever… but I have stayed until today. I will stick to my way of not promising anything and maybe leave someday, instead of saying I will stay forever and then leave all of a sudden.”

Source: skysports.com
Quote:West Ham have joined Valencia in the race to sign Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher, according to Sky sources.

Fletcher, 30, has six months remaining on his deal at United but has struggled for game time under Louis van Gaal and is believed to be ready to consider ending his 19-year association with the club.

Current Season domestic and international figures 19th Jan 2015
After starting the first three league games of the season, he has since largely been restricted to sporadic appearances from the bench, making his last start in the 2-0 FA Cup win at Yeovil earlier this month.

And with more arrivals expected at United, if not this month then in the summer, he is likely to get even fewer first-team opportunities.

Read more at http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/...n-fletcher
Quote:Valencia have confirmed that they have rejected a bid worth nearly £27m for defender Nicolas Otamendi - but won't name the club who made the offer.

Our Spanish football expert Guillem Ballague has been told that Manchester United made the bid.

But this is being strongly denied by sources inside Old Trafford, and Valencia also say Otamendi will stay at the club in this window.

Source: sky sports news
Manchester United are preparing a £15m bid to bring back defender Gerard Pique, 27, from Barcelona. What do you think?

Read more at http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/...efan-Savic
Last one from me today.

Are Adidas about to help Manchester United make £200m Lionel Messi transfer?

Quote:Manchester United could be given help from their new sponsors Adidas to sign Lionel Messi from Barcelona, according to reports.

United have joined Chelsea in the race to sign Messi, who has opened the door to a possible transfer with some cryptic comments about his future recently.

Chelsea are struggling to finance the deal, just like United, but suggestions in Spain say the Red Devils could get help from Adidas.

The sportswear company sponsor Messi and will be United’s shirt supplier next season, and they want to bring the two together.

Adidas could give United extra money to help them pay Messi’s £200million release clause, while other cash might be given to pay wages.

This would get around the tricky issues of Financial Fair Play and third-party ownership, but the transfer still remains tricky.

Source: metro.co.uk
David De Gea's Portuguese agent Jorge Mendes has refused to rule out a move to Real Madrid for the Manchester United goalkeeper, 24.. Fingers crossed this is just paper talk in the Daily Mail?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footbal...endes.html
Some gossip:

Manchester United midfielder Andreas Pereira is ready to reject Paris Saint-Germain and sign a new contract with the club.

Manchester United's hopes of keeping David De Gea could be significantly boosted after reports that Real Madrid face the prospect of a 12-month transfer ban over alleged irregularities concerning the recruitment of young players.

That second snippet is good news, eh?
Paris St-Germain are prepared to pay £45m for Manchester United's Argentina midfielder Angel Di Maria, 27, who cost £59.7m when he moved from Real Madrid last summer.
[Image: Memphis+Depay+Netherlands+v+Colombia+8GbEUjx2wR7l.jpg]
Quote:Manchester United have agreed a deal with PSV for forward Memphis Depay, subject to the 21-year-old passing a medical once the transfer window opens.

Sky sources understand the deal is initially four years with the option of an extra year, and the fee is believed to be around £25m.

United announced the news on social media, tweeting: "MUFC has reached an agreement with PSV Eindhoven and Memphis Depay for the player's transfer, subject to a medical.

"Pending the successful completion of the medical, the deal will go through once the transfer window opens in June.
Manchester United @ManUtd."

Marcel Brands, PSV's technical director, said: "We are very proud of this transfer.

"Memphis has come up through all the PSV teams from the youth academy and has played an important part in winnng the title this year.

"He's a wonderful exponent of our training and will be a great addition to a magnificent club in a beautiful competition. We’re obviously losing a fantastic player who is of great value to the team. But PSV grants him this wonderful move."

Liverpool and Paris Saint-Germain were reported to be interested in Depay but United manager Louis van Gaal has beaten his rivals to the signature of the Holland forward.

Depay played under Van Gaal at last year's World Cup in Brazil, scoring two goals as Holland reached the semi-finals.

Well, that certainly rains on the dippers' parade, as they were really keen on signing this guy. Positive move, I think, but what happens to Chicharito, Nani, Falcao, RVP? Time will tell, eh?
Quote:Memphis Depay is determined to emulate Cristiano Ronaldo's brilliance at Manchester United.

Ronaldo, one of United's greatest players, won three Premier League titles, two League Cups, the FA Cup, the Champions League and the Club World Cup during six glittering years at Old Trafford.

And Depay, who announced at a London event he can become 'one of the best players in the world', is optimistic he can be as influential as Ronaldo at United.

"I heard people compare me to Cristiano Ronaldo," he said at the launch of the Under Armour Speedform Boot in the capital.

"It's great to hear other people say that but I'm still 21 and I hope one day I can reach the level of Cristiano Ronaldo."

Depay will be reunited with former Netherlands coach Louis van Gaal at Old Trafford less than a year on from starring in their World Cup campaign.

Source: manchestereveningnews.co.uk
Quote:Portuguese winger has no future at Old Trafford after arrival of Memphis Depay, but loan move to Sporting Lisbon is unlikely to be made permanent.

Manchester United are facing a £17 million bill for the remainder of Nani’s Old Trafford contract with the club bracing itself for the winger to return from a season-long loan at Sporting Lisbon this summer.

United, who will complete a £22 million deal for PSV Eindhoven winger Memphis Depay subject to a medical next month, have continued to pay Nani’s £110,000-a-week wages during his loan spell at Sporting as part of the agreement which saw Argentine defender Marcos Rojo complete a £16 million move to United from the Portuguese club last August.

But although Nani has enjoyed a successful campaign with Sporting, the club he left for United in a £17 million deal in May 2007, the 28-year-old’s salary is beyond the Lisbon outfit’s financial means, even before the prospect of a transfer fee can be discussed with United.

Louis van Gaal has made it clear to the Portugal international that he has no future at Old Trafford, with Depay adding to a list of wingers which already includes Ashley Young, Antonio Valencia, Adnan Januzaj and the £59.7m British record signing Angel di Maria.

But with former manager David Moyes handing Nani a five-year contract in September 2013, United have been left with an unwanted player who is likely to prove too expensive for interested parties to pursue this summer.
Nani, who has scored eleven goals in 35 appearances for Sporting this season, admitted last week that he is planning to return to United, despite his success at Estadio Jose Alvalade.

“The fans asked me to stay, but we all know it’s hard,” Nani told A Bola. “I am very happy to have spent a year at Sporting, but I have a contract with Manchester United and my ambitions are different this time.”

United are prepared to sell Nani this summer, but with little appetite at the club to subsidise another loan move next season, Van Gaal could be forced to restore the player to his squad unless a buyer prepared to finance a permanent move emerges.

Source: telegraph.co.uk[/u]
Quote:PSV Eindhoven star Memphis Depay completed a medical on Monday ahead of his agreed transfer to Manchester United., the club have confirmed.

Once the Dutch international passes his medical, the final paperwork can be completed and the club said the deal will be confirmed once the internatiional transfer window opens next month.

A club statement on Monday evening read: "Memphis Depay has today completed his medical at Manchester United. We will now work towards finalising his registration when the international transfer window opens in June."

Just the start???
[Image: 1000x8104.jpg]

Quote:Manchester United have agreed a fee with Bundesliga side Hoffenheim for Brazilian attacking midfielder Roberto Firmino, according to reports.

The 23-year-old, who is currently on international duty with the 2014 World Cup hosts ahead of the Copa America, will allegedly cost the Red Devils £13.1m.

Firmino played and scored the only goal of the game during Brazil's 1-0 friendly victory over Honduras on Wednesday, and has impressed in his short international career so far.

"Firmino has been consistently loyal to Hoffenheim, and he surprised a few people by agreeing a new deal last March. He feels the club has helped him develop as a player, but after Hoffenheim failed to qualify for Europe, it seems like the right time to move on," said talkSPORT's Bundesliga expert Kevin Hatchard.

"He's been on United's radar for a long time, and they'll have been impressed by his ability to have a positive impact on games week-in week-out.

"If United get him for the figures being quoted, they'll have pulled off a big coup."

Firmino can play in a variety of midfield roles, contributing 12 goals and 10 assists as Hoffenheim narrowly missed out on Europa League qualification.

It is reported that United, as they did with the £25m capture of Memphis Depay last month, have pipped arch rivals Liverpool to the Brazilian's signature.

Firmino is widely regarded as one of the flag bearers of a new Brazilian generation, with the national side still recovering from last summer's humbling to Germany in the World Cup semi-finals.

And he has made a promising start for his country, too, netting three goals from his six appearances, including an impressive strike against Chile at the Emirates Stadium in March.

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/manchester...wIxh5po.99
Bad news....Real Madrid goalkeeper Keylor Navas has suffered an Achilles injury on international duty with Costa Rica which may require surgery. If the 28-year-old misses the start of the new season it may force the La Liga side to step up their pursuit of Manchester United goalkeeper De Gea.

Having said that, it is being reported that United have enquired about signing 22-year-old French centre back Raphael Varane from Real Madrid. United made their interest known in Varane during discussions (saga) over the transfer of goalkeeper David De Gea, but Real Madrid say the defender is not for sale.