Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manchester United poised to resurrect 35m Karim Benzema Real deal
Question 
Manchester United will be given a second chance to sign France forward Karim Benzema.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is a keen admirer of the 21-year-old and it is believed that Benzema shunned a move to Old Trafford in the summer in favour of signing from Real Madrid.

However, by the high standards at the Bernabeu, the former Lyon man has disappointed.

He may have scored four goals in 11 La Liga appearances, but coach Manuel Pellegrini has started Benzema on the bench in six of the last seven matches.

Madrid are now keen to rekindle a move for long-term target David Villa from Valencia and are prepared to listen to offers for Benzema in a bid to raise funds.

Ferguson has money to spend after failing to re-invest the lion's share of the £80million he received from Madrid for Cristiano Ronaldo in the summer

Question marks have been raised over United's ability to spend, but Ferguson said: 'The money is there if I wanted to use it. I didn't see any value in the summer and I don't see any value at the moment either. I am happy with the players I already have at the club.'

His mind could change if Madrid offer Benzema for the same fee they bought him: about £35m.
That's interesting.

But I think there are cheaper and better options
Wouldnt u love to sign him some player with bucketloads of pace. Thats madrid for u. so many names at their disposal someone like benzema is 3rd rate.
I would welcome this move Fergie has been saying he has got 60 million to spend on new faces and he would be a great addition but what would happen to owen hat trick mid week the talk of Benzema his chances would be even more limited if Benzema came i also think a central defender would not go a miss in Jan also i know rio evans and o'shea are in line for returns in Jan but will rio be the same i hope so but another defender would give us another option back there
Benzema would be great but yeah as of now I'd wanna see more a defender come in.
whats your source on this
35million is wayyyyy to much . Fergie will not buy him if thats the price.
25million take it or leave it madrid
I think Benzema flopped, and have u guys heard about his supposed "party life" worse than ronaldo and dinho lol , I don't think we have time for that problem
i dont see a problem in partying. as long as there not getting p*ssed.
SAF doesn't generally suffer these kind of players. Having said that, if they perform on the pitch and can stay out of the papers off it, then there is possibilities in this deal. it keeps getting mentioned in the press and on the TV, so maybe it might happen in the summer?