Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CONFIRMED: United Release Seven Players
Manchester United have released 7 players from the Club. The seven are Federico Macheda, Jack Barmby, Sam Byrne, Jack Rudge, Nemanja Vidic, Rio Ferdinand and Ryan Giggs who remains at the club as assistant manager.

Macheda has signed for Cardiff - see https://manutdpeople.com/Thread-CONFIRME...ves-United
I have a feeling that once Van Gaal comes in after the World Cup there are going to be a lot more changes and a lot more players leaving the club, maybe not released because I think they are on big contracts and it would cost too much to release them from it, but certainly sent out onloan until they contracts expire.

What ever happened to Federico Macheda? I remember when he came on as a sub and scored TWO GOALS and everyone was talking about how he was going to be the next big thing and then just as quickly as he appeared he disappeared again. :/
Macheda left, I am afraid. Promised so much, but gave too little.

See https://manutdpeople.com/Thread-CONFIRME...ves-United
(16-06-2014, 11:31 AM)Noucamp99 Wrote: Macheda left, I am afraid. Promised so much, but gave too little.

See https://manutdpeople.com/Thread-CONFIRME...ves-United

Yeah, I know he left, when I said "whatever happened to Federico Macheda", I mean in the fact that he was meant to be the next big star for Manchester United and then he sort of fixzzled out. Do you think he got a bit too ahead of himself? There were numorous reports of him falling out with Fergie over him not starting. Smile
I think he ate out too many times on that goal versus Villa. I was there and the place was rocking, but he never went on from there. Good championship striker, maybe.
(17-06-2014, 11:32 AM)Noucamp99 Wrote: I think he ate out too many times on that goal versus Villa. I was there and the place was rocking, but he never went on from there. Good championship striker, maybe.
Yeah i can never forget that injury time winner against Aston Villa but after that he failed to force himself and has mostly been on loan.Thanks Kiko for all that you have done here.He has probably dwindled down from there..
Oh,you were there for that match..?? Big Grin great Big Grin
Yes. I even got hospitality that day, so was in the corner quadrant next to the rocking Stretford End. Superb!!

Got to meet David Sadler after the match. Photos, autographs, good chat! Big kid, me, lol
Rio, who is in Rio (weird!!) looks likely to sign for QPR:

Quote:Rio Ferdinand has agreed a deal to join newly-promoted Queens Park Rangers, according to Sky sources.

Ferdinand is a free agent after being released by Manchester United at the end of last season after 12 years at Old Trafford.

It is believed he had offers from clubs both at home and abroad, but he has elected to work under Harry Redknapp for the second time in his career.

Redknapp was the manager who gave him his debut at West Ham in 1996, and Ferdinand was the world’s most expensive defender when he left to join Leeds in an £18m deal in 2000.

Ferdinand moved to Old Trafford on a five-year deal in another record deal in July 2002 and went on to win six Premier league titles and the 2007 Champions League during his time with United.

He played 81 times for England between 1997 and 2011 and was a member of three World Cup squads.

Speaking before he headed for Brazil where he is working as a World Cup pundit, Ferdinand said: "I see myself as going to Rio very much as an active footballer with playing time ahead of me.

"It is feasible that in the coming weeks, perhaps even while I'm in South America, I'll make a decision about the next stage in my career.

"I have options on the table from several clubs in England and overseas for next season and I'm intending to play on if the right situation arises."

Rio's brother Anton played for QPR for two seasons, leaving Loftus Road following their relegation to the Championship in 2013.

Source: skysports.com