Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Carrick bags Player's Player of the Year Award
Star 
Yup, you've read it right. Manchester United players voted for Michael Carrick as the player's Player of the Year. I shall be quoting the important facts I've gathered from my news source. Also, to promote transparency, I shall be placing the source below. Thanks!

Quote:Robin van Persie's headline quality made him supporters' player of the year, but team-mates' accolade is the one to take note of

Quote:On Wednesday evening, Michael Carrick beat Robin van Persie to the Manchester United Players' Player of the Year award on a unanimous vote.

Quote:All looked at the 31-year-old's contribution to a campaign that ended in the club's 20th title and chose Carrick's quiet class ahead of Van Persie's headline quality, despite memories being fresh of the championship-sealing hat-trick against Aston Villa, which included a superb 25-yard volley smashed on the run past Brad Guzan.

Quote:Sir Alex Ferguson, Carrick's soon to be erstwhile manager, has described this as his "best ever season" at United, after joining in the summer of 2006 from Tottenham Hotspur.

Congratulations, Michael! You truly deserve this award. GGMU!