Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neville Faces FA Rap / Tevez Rant
SAF has not really joined the debate!

Sir Alex Ferguson has refused to be drawn on the ongoing argument between Gary Neville and Carlos Tevez.

The ex-Manchester United striker celebrated his brace over his former club on Tuesday by cupping his ears in front of the visitors' bench at Eastlands as Manchester City defeated their neighbours 2-1 in the Carling Cup semi-final first leg.

The Argentina international has since explained that the celebration was meant for Neville who had come out and backed his manager for deciding against signing the 25-year-old in the summer.

Tevez has gone on to describe Neville as a 'moron' and a 'boot-licker' after the United defender responded to the celebration by sticking his finger up at his former team-mate.

"I am not interested," Ferguson said.

"Carlos Tevez is not our player anymore and I have nothing to say about it at all.

"Players argue with each other all the time. They have a go at each other time and time again. It is not an issue for us. We move on."

Ferguson also insisted that he had not seen Neville's actions so stated that he could not comment on his captain's behaviour.

"I am not disappointed with Gary's conduct," he added. "I didn't see his gesture."

Source: skysports.com
Really hope teh prick gets booed at OT.
Looks like Neville-Tevez feud wont be punished this time

Neville and Tevez warned by FA
Manchester duo on thin ice following Carling Cup row

Gary Neville and Carlos Tevez have escaped punishment from the Football Association, but have been warned that their row cannot continue.

Neither Neville nor Tevez will face any action over their ongoing argument, triggered by comments made by the Manchester United captain in a newspaper column.

Neville's assertion that Sir Alex Ferguson made the correct decision to let Tevez leave Old Trafford last summer triggered the South American's "shut it" goal celebration after his equaliser in City's 2-1 win at Eastlands on Tuesday in the first leg of their Carling Cup semi-final.

That brought a one-fingered gesture from Neville in response, followed by Tevez labelling his former skipper "a moron" and "a boot-licker" in a radio interview.

In slightly different ways, both Ferguson and Roberto Mancini tried to calm the situation on Friday.

But the FA has been in touch with officials from the red and blue halves of the city as well.

And Neville and Tevez have been warned that any repetition will bring punishment that also takes into account this week's indiscretions.

That would include any negative comments in pre-match interviews, or any poor on-pitch behaviour.

source: skysports.com
Hmm. Does that include the CEOs? Garry (I'm a twat) Cook has already been mouthing off in the press this morning, even after the police got involved, appealing for calm! He said:

"This football club is, without doubt, going to be the biggest and best football club in the world.

"I will make no excuses for saying it, as I truly believe it - with the resources and capabilities we have."

I can't be bothered to copy and paste all his rubbish he spouted. I reckon him and Peter Kenyon would make a great couple!

If you can be arsed, you can read his imaginative story here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football...475915.stm

Mind you, Jonny Evans has entered the debate:

Manchester United defender Jonny Evans thinks Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has over-reacted following his row with Gary Neville.

Tevez has labelled Neville an 'idiot' and a 'boot-licker' after the Red Devils stalwart claimed the Argentine was not worth the £25million City paid for him last summer.

The former United forward scored twice in the Carling Cup clash between the two sides at Eastlands on Tuesday, celebrating in front of Neville and making gestures towards his former skipper.

Neville responded in turn with a rude gesture of his own, but Northern Ireland international Evans believes the whole spat has been blown out of proportion.

"Gary and Carlos are not team-mates any more and they don't have to be pals but I think this has all been lost in translation a little bit," he said.

"I don't think Gary said Carlos wasn't worth £25million.

"He was just saying the manager usually gets these decisions right and we will get on with it.

"From what I hear, either Carlos has read it wrong or someone is winding him up and he has reacted."

Evans is set to play in the second leg of the semi-final at Old Trafford on Wednesday, which promises to be an exciting affair with City holding a 2-1 advantage.

Source: skysports.com