Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Good Enough
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson admitted the team were not good enough as they 2-0 lost at Fulham.

The defeat, on the back of last week's 4-1 home reverse against Liverpool, means the Champions have suffered back-to-back league defeats for the first time in 147 games.

"If you lose games in March and April it can cost you. Fortunately we have a slender lead at the moment but not a lot and I'm hoping we come back from the internationals back to our best."

Wayne Rooney was also sent off for a second bookable offence for throwing the ball away.

"Did he throw the ball at the referee? The ball was thrown direct to where the free-kick was being taken - did it hit the referee? No.

"He threw it because he wanted to get the game going. What can you say about that?

"There wasn't a bad tackle in the game but John Pantsil was booked in the first half for nothing - it was just a tackle. Tackling isn't always perfect - I thought it was totally unfair.

"But there's no point talking about the referee - we didn't play well enough to win the game in the first half and that's why we lost it.

"In the second half I thought we did really well - they kept going and credit to them.

"But we're home to Aston Villa in our next game - and that will be crucial."

Alex Ferguson was talking to MUTV.
Watch MUTV Online For Free HERE
i agree!!
I agree aswell
Re: Referee- Have you seen the new TV ad with Ray Winstone*???
It's aimed at older fans who are forcing Referees out of the game with their beligerent commentating from the sidelines-
So, assuming we can't blame the ref, who can we 'blame' for our poor performance in the last two games???

Whilst I can turn to beta-blockers and alcohol, or expose myself to Phil Collins albums (not recommended, even as torture!!) as a form of self-abuse to make me stronger , and weather the storm---This is no way to carry on!!!

We have a two week break ( see Calendar above), in which time to recuperate from the mental and physical pressure we are under ( currently 2/5 trophies on an epic journey for 5 titles, never undertaken by any other club...Go on Sir Alec!)...but no sooner do our fixture begin AND....!!!#$%^&#@

Sunday 5th April-Aston Villa- Premiership-At home
As 'Manutdpeople; says... Very important game----( Villa trounced by L+Vomit+pool today 5-0)

Our hands are tied though ...

Tuesday 7th Porto -At home-Championship

Saturday 11th Sunderland -Away-Premiership

How would any club cope with probably the 2 most important games of the season so far within 50 hours of each other???

I suppose we' ll have to rely on having the best squad in the world, the best manager in the world, the greatest fans in the world, and our belief that the greatest prizes in one season...Count them! ...1..2..3..4..5. can all be ours.

C'mon the Reds!!!

I know that in the Peter Pan book***, Tinker Bell nearly dies, because we stopped believing!!!

Perhaps like myself you have doubt?! Try writing it down (like I have here!)... I feel invigorated again...Bring it on!

And don't let 'the media' bring you down---I feel the pressure myself... and I'm a supporter...! But I'm reminded of Eric's words **
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in to the sea"

*http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/news/5007221/FA-blow-the-whistle-on-football-dads.html
**http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Cantona
*** JM Barrie
Game against Fulham was the perfect game to rebound after the Liverpool fiasco.
Don't know what happened in the first half ,why we couldn't play like we did in the 2nd half.You would't think we were a man down.
Thank Goodness we have a game in hand and hopefully this international break will give United time to turn things around.
The passing was poor to say the least.Do any of you think the Gaffer made a mistake by not starting Rooney?He and Tevez did so well last time out.
Not complaing, as I know how well we can play..just backing the boys to get back on track...
damn!!
I agree we have not been good enough against liverpool and fulham.
hopefully we dont paly like this again, fergie needs to sort things out.
I also agree the whole not starting Rooney and Tevez was a mistake and he can't say he's saving them because there#s nothing to save them for we got 2 week break now and we need to sort shit out and come back and give Villa a good hammering to set the rest of the season up
we need to live on with it .. jus carry on and forcus to get the cup 4 us...
Hopefully we will get Gary Neville, Wes Brown and Rafael back soon. Need to drop O' Shite and Fletcher.
I think Wes will shore up the back four when he is fit. Also Berbatov hasn't got the heart when the chips are down.
Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo play better together as a front three.