Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O'Shea out for the season. Or not??
(22-01-2010, 03:26 AM)P211 Wrote: Noucamp you think u can gimme a reputation point?

I have and it is deserved, tbh. I've got out of the habit of giving them, as it was broken. Fixed now so maybe expect to see a few more. Some good work on here, P211. Well done m8.
That's sad;/ He won't be good like now at the next season... But I still hope that he will come back sooner than we expect.
Quote:P211 Wrote:
Noucamp you think u can gimme a reputation point?

I have and it is deserved, tbh. I've got out of the habit of giving them, as it was broken. Fixed now so maybe expect to see a few more. Some good work on here, P211. Well done m8.

cool thanks a bunch
No worries.

BTW, a swift 180 from United, as there may be hope for Sheasy:

Sir Alex Ferguson is still hopeful that John O'Shea could play again this season, after initially fearing the Irishman was out for the remainder of the campaign.

The defender has not played for United since November, due to complications with a dead-leg style injury sustained on international duty for the Republic of Ireland.

Earlier this week, Sir Alex was quoted as saying, "He'll probably miss the season now," but in Friday's press conference, the boss was slightly more positive about O'Shea's chances - based on the recovery of another United player.

"Reece Brown, the youth player (Wes Brown's brother), had exactly the same injury as John and all of a sudden, he’s fit," said the manager.

"It looked as though Reece was going to be out for quite a while. He got the injury in October but he’s fit now.

"John will not be back quickly but hopefully we’ll get some of the season from him."

In his earlier quotes, the boss had described the problem in detail, and bemoaned the loss of O'Shea's versatility.

"The problem is that the blood clot became all knotted and when that happens, you get calcification. It takes a long time to clear that up. It's a bad blow for the boy and for the team because he can play anywhere," Sir Alex told the Irish Independent.

"When you look at all the problems I've had with the back four this season, he could have played in every single position."

source: manutd.com
hmmm....if he does heal quickly, and can play soon then if we have anymore injuries he is there to chip in. i guess united might have got lucky, as as we all know we have been horribly unlucky with injuries this season...
HE DESERVES SOME GOOD LUCK!
Hope he plays again this season...he sure needs luck!
I guess it depends upon the depth and scale of the injury. Was talking with Ronaldinosa about it last night at footie training and it does depend on the tissue damage. Our dead legs are nothing compared with that of a professional footballer!
John O'Shea is targeting a return to action within weeks to bolster Manchester United's campaigns in the Premier League and UEFA Champions League.

The utility player believes he could be back in action in March, which would be a massive bonus for the league leaders given Sir Alex Ferguson once thought the 28-year-old may miss the rest of the season.

The United boss made the prediction after the Republic of Ireland international suffered complications in his recovery following an injury in November's heartbreaking World Cup play-off exit to France in Paris.

Ferguson has since reigned back that statement, instead expressing hope that O'Shea - who was originally diagnosed with a dead leg - might play some part before next term.

But O'Shea insists his recovery mission is nowhere near so bleak and he is confident it will not be long before he is once again battling to help United land some silverware.

He told the Irish Examiner: "The boss said that I could be out for the rest of this season, but 'could' and 'would' are two very different words.

"To be honest, I am much more hopeful about my injury situation.

"I am improving at a very steady pace and I am very hopeful of being back in the action sometime in March."

Source: skysports.com

This is great news. We've missed him, as well as the other absentees, but the fact that he can play in a range of positions, does make him so very valuable.
Good news!