Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obertan Staying
Didn't know there was Obertan speculation

Obertan staying at United
Fenerbahce move rumours rejected

Gabriel Obertan's agent has rejected rumours linking the Frenchman with a move away from Manchester United.

Reports have suggested Fenerbahce were lining up a move to bring Obertan to Turkey on loan before the close of the transfer window.

Obertan, who joined United from Bordeaux last summer, has struggled to nail down a starting spot in Sir Alex Ferguson's plans after missing the first few months of the season through injury.

The 20-year-old has made just one league start and has not featured for United since the FA Cup defeat to Leeds on 3rd January.

However, Obertan's representative Karim Djaziri insists the France Under 21 international is going nowhere.

"He's staying at Manchester United," Djaziri told L'Equipe.

source: skysports.com
Yeah, I didn't know there were any rumours, either. This lad will grow to be a good United player. He has some tricks, strength on the ball and will learn loads from the senior players around him. Another where a loan move might do him good, though.
The trouble with United at the moment is that when they buy they need the kinda player that is gonna perform here and now , not four or five years down then line . Obertan would definately benefit from a loan spell , but i would suggest he does that in this country and not abroad . He needs to learn about the pace of the game here and how little time he will get on the ball .
Yeah a loan move to an English team would do him good. Guess speculation always starts when players aren't playing.
I think that Obertan's presence in the team has been the catalyst to get Nani to step up a gear. I expected him to replace Nani but in the last couple of weeks Nani has been excellent. Hopefully he will continue to improve.
Yeah hopefully Nani gets better.