Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Erik ten Hag!
Manchester United have appointed Ajax boss Erik ten Hag as their new manager, to replace interim Ralf Rangnick at the end of the season.

Erik ten Hag will join Man Utd on a three-year deal - with option of a further year - in the summer; Dutchman replaces Ralf Rangnick, with interim boss set to take up consultancy role at Old Trafford; Ten Hag: "I am absolutely determined to develop a team capable of delivering success"

for more information, please see https://www.skysports.com/football/news/...ew-manager
From Ten Hag's first press conference:

"I am looking forward to working at this club, to the new season and today I feel welcome. The club have to set conditions, and I work with my squad to achieve success. We have a strategy and a concept, we will work on that."

Asked if Ronaldo is part of his plans: "Of course." On what Ronaldo will bring: "Goals." On other aspects he will demand from Ronaldo, such as leadership: "I talk first with Ronaldo before I talk with you (the press)".

On if Man Utd was his favourite club as a boy: "In every country I have a favourite club, in England it is Manchester United"

On Maguire keeping the captaincy: "I have to repeat, next season is a different season. He's done a good job, he's a great player, he's achieved a lot and his contribution to Manchester United, so I'm looking forward to working with him."

Asked if Man Utd need new players: "I'm still in the process of analysing. I'm looking forward to working with these players. The season before, this squad was second in the Premier League and there's huge potential. If we improve, if we can work with them, we can get better results."

Steve McClaren and Mitchell van der Gaag confirmed as Erik ten Hag's assistants
Steve McClaren has worked with Erik ten Hag before at FC Twente; the former England manager was Sir Alex Ferguson's assistant at Old Trafford between 1999 and 2001; Van der Gaag was also confirmed as the Dutchman's assistant having been his No 2 at Ajax last term
Mike Phelan and Ralf Rangnick's backroom staff will leave the Manchester United coaching team as part of a reshuffle following Erik ten Hag's appointment
Erik ten Hag will have £120m to spend on Manchester United's squad this summer but could increase that by offloading the likes of Anthony Martial, Eric Bailly and Aaron Wan-Bissaka.
Manchester United will take on National League side Wrexham in an additional pre-season friendly on Wednesday morning (27th July) after returning home from their tour of Thailand and Australia.

The fixture against the non-league side - which is owned by Hollywood stars Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney - will take place at Carrington and will be played behind closed doors without fans in attendance
[Image: ErikTenHag%20-%20cropped.jpg?itok=hyAurEoj]
(21-04-2022, 12:09 PM)Noucamp99 Wrote: Manchester United have appointed Ajax boss Erik ten Hag as their new manager, to replace interim Ralf Rangnick at the end of the season.

Erik ten Hag will join Man Utd on a three-year deal - with option of a further year - in the summer; Dutchman replaces Ralf Rangnick, with interim boss set to take up consultancy role at Old Trafford; Ten Hag: "I am absolutely determined to develop a team capable of delivering success"

for more information, please see https://www.skysports.com/football/news/...ew-manager/

He's pretty good at managing a team. Even despite starting the season with two defeats to Brentford and Brighton.