Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owen desperate to win title
Read this on skysports.com today

Quote:Michael Owen is desperate for Manchester United to claw Chelsea back in the title race to secure what would be his first Premier League winner's medal.

The Blues went five points clear at the top of the table when they defeated the champions 1-0 before the international break making them favourites to land the league crown come May.

That advantage remained following the weekend's results with many believing the title is now a two-horse race with Arsenal falling eight points off the pace following their 1-0 loss at Sunderland, although they do have a game in hand.

Owen came closest to league success in 2002 with Liverpool when they finished second, seven points behind Arsenal, but the striker reveals one of the reasons he joined United in the summer was to get his hands on the Premier League crown.

"It is something I think about a lot," he told the club's official website.

"When I was first asked to sign for Manchester United I went to bed thinking about what it would feel like to join a new club and meet new staff and new players.

"Playing under Sir Alex Ferguson was also a big attraction and I thought about how good it would feel to run out every week at Old Trafford and play in front of so many people.

"But the big thing for me was the chance to win honours. Manchester United are such a great club and I would love to be part of a league-winning team."

Source: skysports.com
I bet that makes him a firm favourite once again with the supporters at his former club!!! I'll bet they loved it when they read that. Bin dippers are as far away from winning the PL as they are from getting shot of their shell suits!
will be class when they see him lifiting the prem in a utd shirt, they'll be sickened
Can you imagine how they'd feel if, 1 day, little Michael Owen lifts the PL trophy, but then went on to lift other silverware, like the FA cup, Carling Cup, Champions League, etc, while they dream of their past glories and maybe having a new stadium that seats around 60,000?

Oh that'd be good. If United win the PL to take the record, then won back to back Champions league trophies! Just think how the bin dippers would feel. Oh the joy!
id cry with delightment in frount of my grandad lol
theyd probably start a mass suicide pact or something
Why him in particular? Does he support that lot, then?
yeah haha . but he's not a bad one . i give him a hard time and every thing but he always has the decinty to say fair play if we won anything haha .
I'll bet both Christmas and the end of season are interesting in your house, then? Does he try to buy you scouse pressies and then you wind him up with that's another trophy for us? Oh the joy!
no you see when im on his computer i set different wallpaper like 1 had a picture of two jerseys and 1 had gigs 11 and 1 had gerard 0 haha.
he has pics of me when i was a lil baby in a liverpool jersey and every x-mas he shows every one that come up for drinks and stuff. haha . he wont let me no were the pic is cause ill burn it haha
there a few storys to prove i was a devil at birth doe Smile