Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Park Gets New Contract
Park Ji-sung has reportedly agreed a contract extension that will keep him at Manchester United until 2012.

The news, though not confirmed by the Old Trafford club, was announced in a statement by JS Limited, the agency that negotiated the new deal.

Park, 28, was a regular in United's 2008-09 winning Premier League season.

The South Korea international, who signed from PSV Eindhoven for £4m in 2005, has been a valuable option in manager Sir Alex Ferguson's midfield.

Ferguson said during the summer that he was always confident a deal would be done with Park, whose wages are estimated to be about £65,000 a week.

The only Korean to hold a Champions League winner's medal, Park began his professional career in Japan in 2000, with Kyoto Purple Sanga.

Three years later he made his move to PSV Eindhoven, where in two seasons he scored 13 goals from 64 matches.

He has been on the scoresheet nine times for United in 87 appearances, and scored in each of the last two World Cup finals.
Always puts in a good shift and gives 100%.
Having said that though he nearly always ends up his arse after having a shot at goal(Something my Brother pointed out to me)I dont know why this is?
It is one of those things that we can ask ourselves,
Would he get into Barcelonas side?
Would he get into Real Madrids side?
Or any of the top clubs in Europe?
Obviously Sir Alex thinks he is good enough to be at Old Trafford so who am i to argue with that?
I sometimes think that Park very much falls into the category of 'Utility Player'
Whereas he is happy to start a game whenever and dosent moan,is delighted to be playing at the greatest club on earth and will give his all when called upon to pull on the red shirt and play anywhere he is asked to.
Not a World beater by any means but still it seems an important squad member.
His best game for me was in the Semi-Final of the European Champions League against Arsenal but i feel it was a mistake to start with him in the final as he was just not up to it.
A 7/10 every week man for me.
very good too see a really good palyer for us
Park deserves it..and im glad for him Smile
Yeah, great news for another superb servant for United. You never hear of Park bad mouthing selection policy, other players or the manager. A quiet lad, who still plays for the shirt. He'd get into any other premier league squad and be 1st choice for many of the teams. Yes, a bit of the utility player, but still high up the pecking order. SAF wouldn't have offered new contract if he didn't think so.
I'm a fan of his and pleased he'll be here for a while yet. Industrious, but still got a little bit of skill, too. No flashiness, but there is an end-product from him.
oh damn! i was gonna write this article, and was hoping to get a few reputation points, oh well...

any way, nice news about park, very underrated, his lack of goals is made up by his never - ending energy
Never mind, young man. It's good that the threads get spread around anyway.
Still an important player for us
good player for us to have,
well deserved