Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Proposed Old Trafford Expansion
Glad to hear that,with 95,000 capacity we will have more tickets sold more revenue more money for SAF to spent ......
(20-08-2009, 10:57 AM)andyc09lad Wrote: what capacity is turf moor?

I Googled and it's 22,546. Smaller than the North stand!
(20-08-2009, 02:45 PM)joey_matthews Wrote: It's good to consider expansion.

Can a united fan in the know tell me how bad you guys actually are debt? What I know of you guys are struggling to control the growing repayments. This is just something which makes me unsure, obviously you have money because the owners are rich but is it a case of considering wiping a bit of those debts first before spending more money than it's worth?

~joey

Hey joey_matthews. I had a look around the 'net for news, etc on this. Have a look at these links from April 2009 and see if it makes sense to you. The last accounts were published then:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footbal...eason.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/...ter-united

I hope they help?
(20-08-2009, 07:20 PM)Noucamp99 Wrote:
(20-08-2009, 10:57 AM)andyc09lad Wrote: what capacity is turf moor?

I Googled and it's 22,546. Smaller than the North stand!
(20-08-2009, 02:45 PM)joey_matthews Wrote: It's good to consider expansion.

Can a united fan in the know tell me how bad you guys actually are debt? What I know of you guys are struggling to control the growing repayments. This is just something which makes me unsure, obviously you have money because the owners are rich but is it a case of considering wiping a bit of those debts first before spending more money than it's worth?

~joey

Hey joey_matthews. I had a look around the 'net for news, etc on this. Have a look at these links from April 2009 and see if it makes sense to you. The last accounts were published then:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footbal...eason.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/...ter-united

I hope they help?
I see it sounded worse from what I heard than it is, although it doesn't sound healthy it would explain not making massive signings and letting key players go.

The stadium could be a good source of income, though I still am unsure that it would be worth it.

It's good to hear that the debt could be wiped within a few season, I'm basing that on the fact it stated you make 250mil and if you continue to gain near that amount and not buy in over-priced players as much then maybe it doesn't seem all doom and gloom.

Thanks for sharing it!
lets hope the atmosphere will be even more electric
I wonder if they would consider 'safe standing' areas in the new stadium? I think that some atmosphere is lost from sitting down. There is certainly a move in Germany for these areas. Not sure how they're seen by UEFA, though?
I think its a great idea. We would still sell out almost every ground. We are the biggest club in the world and our stadium should reflect that. Barca and madrid never sell out despite thier massive stadiums. I think we could sell 200,000 for most games :-)
it would be great
NouCamp99 - i think the standing areas really should be pushed for. The atmosphere at most premierleague grounds is not what it should be for most matches. I'm sure standing areas in which it would be easier for people to stand together would much improve the noise and atmosphere in these grounds. Im sure the health and saftey guys can design standing areas which are safe for large numbers of supporters.
Great idea to make it bigger however I only hope they fill it with people who will cheer on the team. Sometimes it's bizarrely a little too quiet for my liking. We need the Champs league atmosphere every game to scare the other teams to death !!:gooo:
Too many day trippers with their cameras at the ready, lol! It was a little quiet last night v Wolves, although there were still 54000 bods in there.