Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfer Talk ????!!!!!!
I think you better rename this section!!!!
It's not of interest to Manchester United!!

Well , Liverpool are on the verge of selling torres to Chelsea and also buying Carrol and Adam - and Chelsea buying Torres, and United don't buy anyone!!!!!

Our Manager is happy with the team he has!! Did you see the fringe players we have at United - the ones who played against S'Hampton!!??
Worthless bunch, except for 2 or 3 !!!

Lindegaard was bought to be the number 2 of another goalie, after Kucsak will leave in summer.

Evans and Smalling cannot play together and it's been proved in the West Ham game we lost and also against S'hampton - they need one of Vidic or Ferdinand to play one of them - but not the 2 together.

Gibson is so slow!
Anderson did not put in a single good pass!
Obertan did only 1 thing - the pass from which Owen scored!

Owrn and Hernandez were our best players, but they need good distribution , which came when Giggs and Nani were put in!

And our Manager keeps saying he is happy with his squad!!!
Good thing that Berbatov is on fire!!

We have become the paupers of english football!!!!
There is no cash to buy players, whatever Fergie says!!

the stupidest thing this season was buying Bebe without even seeing him and rejecting Van Der Vaart when he wanted to join us at the same price and at the same time!!!!!!!!!!

DAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any comments to my comments!!!????
sarahmic :

I can agree in general with most of what you say, but not in total.

We cannot afford to replace too many fringe players at the moment for, as you know, come Summer we have the 'Exodus of the Legends' to contend with.
Consequently we will be pushed to find the transfer monies for little if any more, than those.

Speaking of the Transfer Fund :
I am one of those who truly believe that the money does exist. How much though ~ is another matter.

I am not a big fan of the Glazers, but they are not fools. They realise that to keep up Repayments of Loans, taken out against the club, they will have to reinvest.
They simply cannot allow the club to slip out of the top four of the English Premier League, and thus the Champions League.
To do so would mean the beginning of financial meltdown for Manchester United FC and the end of any long term profits (or possibly ruin) for Company Glazer.
There is an old saying, 'You Have To Speculate To Accumulate'. The Glazers are treading a very fine line but it is one from which they cannot afford to deviate.
So long as United are in the EPL 'Top Four' (or better) Company Glazer can continue to meet their financial commitments. (At least that's how I read the situation.)

Re: Bebe.
It was none other than Carlos Queiroz who recommended Bebe to Sir Alex.
Considering their close friendship, I would imagine that SAF thought he would be on solid ground and acted on Carlos' report accordingly.
(But then you already knew that, didn't you ?.) Wink
The end result of this one has yet to play out, so we will just have to wait and see. Who knows, the lad could yet prove us all wrong and turn out to be 'a good un'.
I do agree with you though, it seems a strange way to do business & totally out of character for Sir Alex. It certainly goes against everything he has ever done before.

You will find what some of us had to say on the subject of team replacements
HERE
(31-01-2011, 07:43 PM)sarahmic Wrote: I think you better rename this section!!!!
It's not of interest to Manchester United!!

Well , Liverpool are on the verge of selling torres to Chelsea and also buying Carrol and Adam - and Chelsea buying Torres, and United don't buy anyone!!!!!

Our Manager is happy with the team he has!! Did you see the fringe players we have at United - the ones who played against S'Hampton!!??
Worthless bunch, except for 2 or 3 !!!

Lindegaard was bought to be the number 2 of another goalie, after Kucsak will leave in summer.

Evans and Smalling cannot play together and it's been proved in the West Ham game we lost and also against S'hampton - they need one of Vidic or Ferdinand to play one of them - but not the 2 together.

Gibson is so slow!
Anderson did not put in a single good pass!
Obertan did only 1 thing - the pass from which Owen scored!

Owrn and Hernandez were our best players, but they need good distribution , which came when Giggs and Nani were put in!

And our Manager keeps saying he is happy with his squad!!!
Good thing that Berbatov is on fire!!

We have become the paupers of english football!!!!
There is no cash to buy players, whatever Fergie says!!

the stupidest thing this season was buying Bebe without even seeing him and rejecting Van Der Vaart when he wanted to join us at the same price and at the same time!!!!!!!!!!

DAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I completely agree with you but maybe players like Smalling and Obertan need more time to adapt
!!