Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rio's Rosso Restaurant
Rio Ferdinand has added to his money-making schemes with a new restaurant set to open in Manchester, called ‘Rosso’ or ‘Red’ in Italian.

The restaurant is located just off Kings Street in an 114-year-old, Grade II-listed building, with two restored domes, polished-marble columns and walls, delicate stained glass and ornate plaster ceilings.

A spokesperson for Rosso told the Evening News: “It will be a 150-seater Italian restaurant with a large bar area with booths for people to come and meet and have drinks after work. We want it to be a really nice, relaxed place for people to come and dine and it’s not going to be ridiculously expensive, it will be good food at a good price. The restaurant will be called Rosso, which is Italian for red, because it gives it that authenticity, but is also a bit of a nod to Rio too.”
Must check it out.
you from manchester .price's probley high!
was in a ramsey resturant in new york pricey but well worth it! i felt like a star in there haha
Kerr-ching! I wonder if he'll don the chef's hat and cook up a storm in the kitchen. I reckon he'll be good at lobbing the pizza dough up & catching it, as he is good in the air.
im sure he's better at making the price's for the menu hahaha
as long as he dosent eat too much spaghetti the night before a game we can all sleep easy lol
I had a look on the 'net, but couldn't find any up to date news on this. I assume that the restaurant is still undergoing refurbishment and not ready to open yet? Anyone know?
A stylish new eatery is set to shimmy onto Manchester’s dining scene when its doors open this weekend. After much anticipation and subsequent tongue-wagging, the curtain will finally be lifted on Rosso - the new Italian enterprise part-owned by Manchester United star Rio Ferdinand.

Opening inside an impressive 114-year-old Grade II listed building at the top of the city’s prestigious King Street – the former home of high end eatery Establishment – Rosso has positioned itself as a sophisticated, yet relaxed bar and restaurant that serves up quality food at a reasonable price. However, no money has been spared on its £1.5M refurbishment, which has seen the creation of a mirror-clad bar and a sumptuous theme of red furnishings (hence Rosso, hence Manchester United – the Mighty Reds).

Director of Rosso Restaurant Adam Karim says: “I have wanted to invest in a city centre restaurant and bar for some time, so I’m massively excited about Rosso. Manchester is crying out for an atmospheric, welcoming venue that serves exquisite Italian food, provides outstanding service and doubles as a vibrant bar both day and night.

He added: “Our ethos is that simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Rosso promises to provide quality food and great service in sumptuous and relaxed surroundings.”

Rosso’s menu showcases traditional Italian fayre such as starters of Fritto Misto (lightly floured squid, scampi tails, white bait, king prawns and sardines gently fried - £7.95) and Beef carpaccio (£7.95). Main courses feature a range of pizza and pasta dishes, including Spaghetti Al’Aragosta (spaghetti with lobster in a cream, tomato and basil sauce - £14.95), and there is also a hefty selection of steaks to choose from.

Source: tasteofmanchester.com
Ferdinand will face F.A prob over te challange with Fagan ...... vs Hull match !

The FA will look at the incident and decide whether Ferdinand should face retrospective action for lashing out at Fagan, who was booked for his subsequent protests

lol
some one intrupted the party Big Grin
Rosso gets good reviews here, btw:

http://www.citylife.co.uk/restaurants/re...ier_league
http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/rosso-restaurant-manchester
http://uk.opentable.com/rest_profile.aspx?rid=35191

Should cheer Rio up a little!