Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ronaldo Going? Staying?
Ronaldo is set to throw United into turmoil and demand a move out of Old Trafford. The 24-year-old forward is a £50m target for Real Madrid.

Ronaldo has reignited the uncertainty over his United future by claiming that he intends to go on holiday before deciding on where he wants to play his club football next season.

The 24-year-old, who appeared to criticise the tactics employed by United during the Champions League final defeat against Barcelona in Rome on Wednesday, made no secret of his desire to leave Old Trafford for Real Madrid last summer.

And although the Portuguese seemingly played down the prospect of another 'stay-or-go' saga by insisting last week that he 'doesn't care' about what happens at Real this summer, his latest failure to commit himself to United has merely clouded the picture once again.

The imminent election of Florentino Perez as Real's new president is unlikely to boost Ronaldo's ambitions of moving to the Spanish club. Perez has identified Kaka and Franck Ribery as his key targets and successful moves for those world-class players would all but close the door on Ronaldo.

Ronaldo returned to Manchester with his United team-mates on Thursday. He is due to fly to Portugal next week to join the national squad in the build-up to the World Cup qualifier against Albania in Tirana on June 6.

Ronaldo insists he will then contemplate his future on holiday before United return for pre-season on July 6.

Ronaldo said: "I don't want to talk about clubs. I want to rest and to go on holidays because I am very tired.

"I've played many games under a lot of pressure. The future? We'll see. My future for now is the national team. We must win to be back on track in the World Cup."

United chief executive David Gill recently moved to quell the likelihood of Ronaldo leaving Old Trafford this summer by reiterating the club's stance that the player is not for sale.

"He is a great player and he is part of our club," Gill said.

"We made it clear last year. He is on a long-term contract with us and I can assure you that [the issue of his future] has never come up."

On more than one occasion in Rome, Ronaldo appeared to go against team tactics, by ignoring the claims of Wayne Rooney and holding onto the ball in an attempt to pierce the Barcelona rearguard on his own.
Sick of this ronaldo circus every summer,get rid,and for gods sake start to use rooney were we all know he is most effective,not happy with fergie at all.
Yea I agree I'm sick of it all if he wants to go let him but I think he knows that there's nower to go that it upgrading as united are the top of the pile champions if England