Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ronaldo misses ManUtd
Cristiano Ronaldo has admitted to missing Manchester United, despite being happy in Madrid.

“I think Manchester United are doing very well this season – they have lost the last two games but they are still second in the league,” said Ronaldo ahead of the FIFA World Player of the Year awards in Zurich. “What people think about me is their opinion but I really miss Manchester a little bit as I played there for six years and I left a few friends there. So I miss the club a little bit but I’m focused now at Real Madrid and I’m really, really happy there.”
legend!!!!!!!
Damn... I really was angry when I read the news that United sold Ronaldo. Now I see that we need transfers, Valencia is not enough.

I try to not think about Ronaldo.
valencia has been very good this year man. so strong and fast and his final ball isnt to bad either.
little bit angry about it to.
i didnt talk for a while id say when i herd .wouldnt pick up the phone was so P*ssed of.
The one thing that annoyed me was on sky-sports when he sed he was staying before the champions league Final against Barcelona.
mayb he wanted to get barca back for beatn us but i forgave ronaldo and he is now saying the right things in the interviews so he has should us he still LOVE's manchester (as he calls united)
Yeah , great to see he still likes us and didn't leave on bad terms, would liek to see him return as a veteran lol
yeah i hate seeing manc's bad mouth him its really annoys me
He still says he misses United:

Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo says he is "missing" former club Manchester United - and revealed he would not rule out a return to Old Trafford.

Ronaldo left Old Trafford last summer in a world record £80m move to fulfil his dream of becoming a 'Galactico' and has settled into life with the Spanish giants.

But the Portuguese winger admits he misses life with Sir Alex Ferguson's side, where he won three Premier League titles and the Champions League, opening the door for a sensational return.

Ronaldo told the News of the World: "Of course I miss playing for Manchester United.
"Not just the club but my friends are still there, too. I played there for six years and that's a long time. Whenever I have the opportunity, I watch them play.

"I am still interested in watching Manchester United and, you never know, maybe in the future I could return to play there. It's always possible.

"I will not say I am not happy here at Real Madrid. I am really happy and everyone knows this is my club but, of course, I miss Manchester United, the boss, the players, because I left family there.

"I want to fulfil my contract here but, in the future, only God knows."

The 25-year-old also backed former colleague Wayne Rooney to fire England to World Cupglory in this summer's finals in South Africa.

Rooney has taken up the goal scoring mantle left void by Ronaldo's, scoring 23 times in a season where he also bagged his 100th United goal.

Ronaldo - who notched 42 strikes during the 2007/08 season - played down suggestions his departure had allowed the England striker to become a better player.

He instead claimed the 24-year-old had always been a quality player - and backed him to become one of the world's best.

Ronaldo won the coveted World Player of the Year award in 2008 and believes Rooney can do the same.

When asked if Rooney had become a better player since he had left, Ronaldo said: "No. Maybe he has scored more goals than last season but I think Rooney is one of the most important players for United and in the Premier League.

"He is a fantastic player but it's not because I left the club that he is doing well. He has always done well.

"I think it's possible. He has scored a lot of goals and he is the man at Manchester United at the moment and I am really, really happy for him because he has deserved it because he has worked for it."

Ronaldo added that he is facing up to the prospect of reaching the World Cup final in July, an occasion which he fully expects England to be a part of, inspired by Rooney and former team mate Rio Ferdinand.
He went on: "Can England win the World Cup? Why not? They have excellent players and an excellent coach.

"If we play England in the final it will be because Portugal have played a great tournament.

"I think England are very strong but I am not thinking about the possibility of facing Rooney and Ferdinand now, I am just thinking about qualification from our group.

"But it would be very interesting if I see Rooney and Ferdinand in the final."

Source: skysports.com

Hmm, interesting. I think he's just saying things that United fans want to hear, after listening to Becks on the Milan game. I can't see him returning to United, depite the fans wanting him to return. We'll see, eh?
i too think he is just saying what the fans want to hear, i think his heart is in madrid as he's brought up in latin country! like rooney would have always dreamed of playing for united as a boy cr7 would have always dreamed of playing for madrid!

the only grudge i hold against him is the fact he lied to fans, but as a player and person he is very driven and no's what he wants!

he will never work with a better manager than SAF anyway!!

good luck ronny ull need it over there with them spanish clowns!
He came out agen saying he misses the Manager the most and the fans!!