Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rooney reveals why he wants to leave.
Wayne Rooney has revealed his reasons behind him wanting to leave Manchester United insisting it is not down to money but ambition.

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed on Tuesday that Rooney wanted to leave the club, and admitted his disappointment and disbelief.

Ferguson insisted he did not know the reasons behind Rooney's decision to shun a new contract at Old Trafford and instead look for a move away.

But now Rooney - who has just 18-months left on his current deal, has released a statement outlining his decision to seek a move away from United.

Rooney has been quick to deny that any moves away from the club would be financially motivated, insisting that the club's lack of investment in their squad is the primary factor.

"I met with David Gill [United chief executive] last week and he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad," Rooney confirms.

"I then told him that I would not be signing a new contract."

Rooney also admitted he was shocked by Ferguson's comments on Tuesday, adding: "I was interested to hear what Sir Alex had to say yesterday and surprised by some of it.

"It is absolutely true, as he said, that my agent and I have had a number of meetings with the club about a new contract. During those meetings in August I asked for assurances about the continued ability of the club to attract the top players in the world.

"I have never had anything but complete respect for MUFC. How could I not have done given its fantastic history and especially the last six years in which I have been lucky to play a part?

"For me its all about winning trophies - as the club has always done under Sir Alex. Because of that I think the questions I was asking were justified."

Huge debt

The England star insisted that he would always 'owe' something to Ferguson.

"Despite recent difficulties, I know I will always owe Sir Alex Ferguson a

huge debt. He is a great manager and mentor who has helped and supported me from the day he signed me from Everton when I was only 18," he said.

"For Manchester United's sake I wish he could go on forever because he's a one off and a genius."
Well he has a point ive been very vocal about my disgust with rooney but we have let 2 of the best players in the world go and now we are looking at a third and our replacement signings have been a gamble to say the least , I just wish he would have come out with this sooner , could be a smokescreen to cover his decision I don't know but i would have liked to see the £75 mill we got for ronaldo go on world class players. you cant replace ronaldo and tevez with chiquarito and bebe as much as I like chiquarito I think he is a future star but the former were present stars. Who will replace rooney ?
In my honest opinion I saw this coming at one point or the other. Its' more about money nowadays that is what I think. You do not find legends like Giggs, Scholes & Neville etc; What makes it more worse is that indirectly Wayne Rooney has called on his team mates as being rather average, imagine the morale effect on them. He has definitely lost his plot and even if he chooses to stay he has lost that respect he got from the fans, team mates etc; Its' better for him to leave PL because which ever local club he wishes to join will back fire on him whenever he comes to Old Trafford. Simple. He gave us some really good performances but no player is bigger than the club. He can go on. We will survive.
i cant believe this, its so shit. this was started by the glazers, first ronaldo, now rooney who will come next and leave the club?
All good players come and go, it isn't new and it sure is not going to change. United get the best out of them and then they move on for whatever reason thats how it has always been.
update:- Manchester United released the following statement after a day of meetings between chief executive David Gill, Sir Alex Ferguson and representatives of Wayne Rooney:

“We are aware that there is intense public and media interest on the club at the moment, but there are no developments of note to report today.

“I can confirm a number of meetings have taken place today, including with the player's representative. The outcome of those meetings will become clear in the near future. In the meantime, fans are asked to be patient.”

Copied from manutd.com
He will sign dont worry guys its his agent who is a right W****R he is a money hungry piece of crap who uses players look at what he done to stan collymore and andy cole
(22-10-2010, 05:56 AM)YzMENTALzY Wrote: He will sign dont worry guys its his agent who is a right W****R he is a money hungry piece of crap who uses players look at what he done to stan collymore and andy cole

Yep he turned them into right T**tS too.
Football is all money orientated its hard finding genuine world class footballers who want to play for club regardless of money... Rooney doesn't seem like any exception. I think he will go and fergie will buy someone else HOPEFULLY lol

Ronaldo i think is an exception as he wanted to go to madrid because it was a childhood dream, and he didnt cause a stir the way rooney is making up crap about united and their future prospects. So we needs a goooood replacement
breaking news on sky is that Rooney has signed a new 5 year deal at Man Utd.