Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RvP & Santos : Shirt Swap

United gave Andre Santos a hard time during last Saturdays match, finding the home team pressure too much for him.
The Arsenal left-back just couldn't seem to do anything right and Arsène Wenger, not liking what he was seeing, began to glow as his temperature rose.
What made matters worse, finally bringing Wenger to boiling point, was the sight of Santos swapping shirts at half-time with Robin van Persie.

'The Gunners' manager let his player know, in no uncertain terms, that he was unhappy with the defenders first-half effort and that he found the shirt swapping totally unacceptable.
Wenger, keen to downplay the incident, was quoted as saying :~

“I spoke [to him] about that but I don’t want to make too much of a big story of that,” - he went on to say ....

“I believe that was not the right thing to do at all, but that is not an explanation for our bad performance on Saturday."

United won the game 2 - 1, with van Persie opening the scoring against his former club in the 3rd minute.

There are now doubts if Santos will keep his place for Arsenal's Champions League away match with Schalke on Tuesday.