Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scholes Wants More Goals
Man United midfielder Paul Scholes is 34-years old but he turns 35 next month. Over recent years he has only scored a few goals, but the ones he has scored have been vital for the club.

Scholes has said that he is trying to rediscover his goal scoring form so he is spending more time on the training field.

Scholes said: “My goals have dried up a bit in recent years and I’d like to get back to scoring a few. That’s why I stay and do a bit of shooting practice at the end of training.

“When I was younger, I used to get forward a lot more than I do now, but the manager expects me to stay in the middle of the park nowadays and pass to the players who can go forward and score goals.”

I am sure that all Man United fans would like to see him score more goals. So what if he doesn’t score that many goals, atleast he is trying to do something about it.
if he can get 5 this season ill be happy Smile
hopefully every1 will be chipping in with goals as to not put all the pressure on the strikers
yea scholsey is always pushing for a lot of goals every season so id say theres a few more out of him yet
Is it me or do alot more of his shots seem to get blocked now. He might have 1 or 2 a game and they aways seem to get blocked by a defender. I'm sure when he was scoring alot they aways either made the keeper work or ended up in the bacl of the net. Mabye defenders are more willing to throw themselvs at his shots now.
Maybe with the ageing legs, he can't get into position quite early enough, giving the defenders a chance to get the block in? His game has developed more into the passing one he mentions above and some of the ranging passes out to the wide men have to be seen to be believed.
It was interesting that he is spending more time on shooting practice and his last goal was a header! He needs to spend MORE time, lol.
So long as he does get a few and the rest of the team, especially the strikers, get their fair share, all will be well.
He scores goals, Paul Scholes!
Maybe Scholes and Giggs can become top scorer in Manutd.Guess so...
40 yards spinning volley. from a giggs chip. thats what IS going to happen! haha
Although he has lost a lot of his speed, he still has all the vision and skill to make such a difference to a game. Shame he still can't tackle...lol
(17-10-2009, 01:46 PM)simonbro Wrote: Although he has lost a lot of his speed, he still has all the vision and skill to make such a difference to a game. Shame he still can't tackle...lol

tackleing was never his strong point