Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sir Alex may rage about refs but he was the first to wish me well
Smile 
Mark Halsey- BPL Re
Sir Alex may rage about refs but he was the first to wish me well

Mark Halsey had not eaten for three days, was utterly exhausted but could not hide his elation. The results of a scan taken at the start of last week had shown that the 48-year-old Premier League referee's
throat cancer was in remission.

Three-and-a-half months after being told that he had the worst example of the disease his consultant had ever encountered, Halsey could start planning his comeback to Old Trafford, Anfield, Stamford Bridge and the other major grounds.

The support has meant so much. It's kept me going.' The biggest names in the game Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Wayne Rooney, John Terry and Frank Lampard have been in contact to wish him well, and he has been overwhelmed by the hundreds of letters he has received from fans

'I've really been taken aback,' said Halsey.
'You don't realise how many people round the world know you, and it's meant so much. It has really kept me going.'

Ferguson was one of the first to telephone, a response that may surprise those who only recognise the Manchester United manager's willingness to criticise match officials.

'The way Sir Alex is about referees is just emotion at the end of a game,' said Halsey.
'That's all it is. He's very good in situations like mine and sees me as part of the football family.

source:football.co.uk
i think there has been made way to much of this!
refs havnt been good to united exect when we play city THATS IT!!!!

o yeah how do you get you're wrighting that BIG Tongue
hehe no dude.... just copy,organize and paste from source Wink hehe
oo haha. i was think fare play to ya. good article lol
End of the day the game is full of emotion and heat of the moment stuff so its going to happen.
Thats it when you're at that level it means so much to you.
At the end of the day, we're all human and SAF is always full of emotion before, during and after any game. He would have wished anyone with whom he had come into contact well if they were ill. It doesn't surprise me, but it's great that for once, the positive side is being reported.
I hate the media portrayal of what is said sometimes blown out of all proportion
its always the media going mad about it, as mick says we are all human and saf is a gemtleman at the end of the day, but beckham disagrees lol