Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Setanta Bores
Was it only me who thought that Setanta Sports showed boring matches?

I mean, the fixtures were quite boring, 5:30 kick offs are hard to get to, and some of the matches which were usually quite good (United vs Villa, Tottenham etc) turned out to be boring 0 - 0.

Even the community shields were not entertaining, and when Sky Sports took over, the match against Chelsea was great!!!
Ha ha! I'm not sure we can purely blame Setanta, eh? I see where you're coming from, though! Does that mean that I shouldn't bother watching any of the matches on ESPN? I get it free with Virgin XL and they started with the dull and tedious Everton v Arsenal!!
what is the espn coverage like i hope its not a bunch of americans commentating on SAWKER?
(18-08-2009, 12:41 PM)andyc09lad Wrote: what is the espn coverage like i hope its not a bunch of americans commentating on SAWKER?

I'm pleased to say they're Brits and it's football, lol!! Ex BBC. Ray Stubbs introduced it, with Peter Reid and Ian Wright in the studio. Commentary from (yawn) John Champion, with ex-Toffees man Joe Royle as 'expert'. Nothing fancy in the presentation. Just usual pre-match build up with interviews, etc. and get on with the game. OK, really.
thank christ, cause the yanks know sweet fa bout football just beckham thats all they know bout it. it wouldnt sound nice to have a yank on espn cherring for rooneys touchdown
(18-08-2009, 01:41 PM)andyc09lad Wrote: thank christ, cause the yanks know sweet fa bout football just beckham thats all they know bout it. it wouldnt sound nice to have a yank on espn cherring for rooneys touchdown

That's so funny. Thankfully, it's ESPN UK. I do get ESPN USA, too, but that's got baseball, baseball and more of that crap game! The ESPN Classic is OK, as they show old Premiership years, matches, etc. Still no SAWCkER or touchdowns, and certainly no mention that the game is tied at zero - zero and going into overtime!
espn very good so far, i even got their HD channel Smile
Just looking to get V+ box, which gives ESPN HD free, too. No deals with Virgin at the moment, so £99 install fee is only payment. Already got my shiny HD TV, so need to get HD box. PS3 looks good in HD, as does Blu Ray. Does HD make John Champion any more interesting??
setanta is gone mate ESPN took over from them
(26-08-2009, 12:56 AM)Respect Me Wrote: setanta is gone mate ESPN took over from them

we still have setanta ireland that shows the 3 o clock kick offs on a saturday, it was only setanta uk that went bust