Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simpson Newcastle Bound?
Newcastle boss Chris Hughton has reiterated his desire to keep Danny Simpson at the club.

The Manchester United full-back was due to return to Old Trafford on Tuesday after a reported £500,000 move fell through.

But both clubs are thought to have agreed a fee and Hughton is still hopeful of keeping the 23-year-old at the Championship leaders on a permanent basis.

He revealed further talks were due to take place on Tuesday with the player, who has previously spoken of his desire to stay at the club.

Hughton told the Newcastle Chronicle: "Danny's one that we're still working on.

"Once he's out on that pitch, he's a very committed player who will give everything.

"I'll have to see him, but officially, he's a Manchester United player until it's decided otherwise.

"We're still working and making decisions. The most important thing is to bring in the lads we need in the areas we need, and we'd like to do that as soon as possible."

Hughton was suitably impressed with Simpson's performance in the 2-2 draw with fellow Championship high-fliers West Brom at St James' Park on Monday.

He added: "I thought he was excellent.

"He was up against a very good, free-flowing player in Jerome Thomas. He's a good athlete and runner, but Danny was there, and we sorely needed him."

Source: skysports.com

With Gary Nev reportedly retiring at the end of this season, and SAF liking to send the 'reserves' out on loan, is there a future for Danny at OT? His 1st team chances were limited when he broke through, as Gary was a fixture in the right back roll. Now, are the twins and O'Shea the answer?
He promised alot here and i taught he was going to be BIG news.taught wrong!
As we know, SAF does like to use the loan set up to his advantage. I wonder if Danny is in his future plans? I can't see him letting him go for less than £1.5, though. 1/2 a million a little low for me.
Looks like Simpson is Newcastle bound on a permanent deal

Toon strike Simpson deal
Full-back set to sign

Skysports.com understands that Newcastle have agreed a deal to sign Danny Simpson from Manchester United.

The 23-year-old right-back has had a high successful loan spell at St James' Park over the opening half of the season.

He returned to Old Trafford on Tuesday, as talks over a permanent deal failed to materialise.

However, the two clubs have now agreed terms and Simpson is set to pen a permanent deal on Tyneside.

Simpson is set to undergo a medical on Wednesday before signing a two-and-half-year deal with Chris Hughton's side.

sourceConfusedkysports.com
Cheers. They must have update their story a little later in the day. I guess SAF knows what he's doing and sees the future looking tidy with the twins?
Looks like the news was finalized.

Simpson seals Toon switch
Newcastle finalise full-back deal

Newcastle United have completed the signing of Manchester United full-back Danny Simpson.

The deal for Simpson looked to be floundering, but skysports.com exclusively revealed on Tuesday evening that the two teams had agreed terms.

Now Newcastle have finalised the deal for the 23-year-old, who has penned a three-and-a-half-year deal at St James' Park.

"We're delighted to complete a permanent deal for Danny," said Newcastle chief Chris Hughton.
"He's a player who has been with us since the summer and has played a key role during the first half of the season.

"Danny is a very popular lad in the dressing room and he took no time at all to settle in.

"He was always a player we wanted to keep at the club and he was very keen to stay given how much he's enjoyed his time here."

source: skysports.com